2024 GOP Primary

Yep. Poor guy is the same age as me.

It recently occurred to me that if Ron Desantis wins, it'll be the first time that the President will be younger than I am. And what's also wild is that other than Obama every president before Desantis (if he wins) is not only older than I am but older than my parents. It would be a massive generational shift.

It is time.

If we weren't talking about Desantis, I'd disagree. I have little use for younger politicians nowadays. Most of them are stupid and/or don't know what their jobs are. I've heard liberals lament that their party put Biden, Pelosi, and Schumer in charge and call for younger leadership. But look at prominent Democrats under 60. Governor Jared Polis (D-CO) is a decent guy, whom the state of Colorado honestly doesn't deserve. Everybody else is a bunch of freedom-hating freaks who couldn't win a national election unless they're facing Trump, and even that wouldn't be a foregone conclusion.

We're starting to come to our senses....

"The InsiderAdvantage survey of likely Republican primary and caucus voters found the Florida governor at 18% in the GOP presidential contest — a sharp gain from the 10% he notched in the days ahead of Wednesday’s first debate.

Another debate winner was Nikki Haley, the poll showed, who more than doubled her support – from 5% to 11% – on her forceful performance, while biotech millionaire Vivek Ramaswamy held steady at 7%."

DeSantis/Haley is a winning ticket. Or Haley/DeSantis.

We're starting to come to our senses....

"The InsiderAdvantage survey of likely Republican primary and caucus voters found the Florida governor at 18% in the GOP presidential contest — a sharp gain from the 10% he notched in the days ahead of Wednesday’s first debate.

Another debate winner was Nikki Haley, the poll showed, who more than doubled her support – from 5% to 11% – on her forceful performance, while biotech millionaire Vivek Ramaswamy held steady at 7%."

DeSantis/Haley is a winning ticket. Or Haley/DeSantis.
Trump just needs to be under 50% of total convention delegates.

I still have concerns but Damn I liked this Vivek said, Bet Andrea won't ask him on again
Ramaswamy confronts MSNBC host on climate change: ‘Hard fact’ fossil fuels prevent ‘climate related deaths’

This was good too;
"After mentioning the necessity of carbon dioxide for plants on the planet and reiterating that his points on climate represent the "hard facts" of the issue, Mitchell used Floridans talking about how bad Hurricane Idalia looks.

"There's a hard fact of the hurricane that is now approaching. The mayor through three generations – St. Petersburg resident – says he's never seen anything like this, the ocean warming. But let me move on to some-," Mitchell said before Ramaswamy prevented her from changing subjects."

"Andrea, may I respectfully offer a response to that? And I mean this with due respect. If someone on the other side or an uneducated person from Arkansas who didn't go to college and offered one weather event as an end of one anecdote to help support a theory of global climate change, you'd laugh them off the stage as a rube for saying they don't follow data," he said.

Mitchell responded, "I'm not talking about one person's opinion. We talk to professors, academics, industry people…"

Ramaswamy cut in again, saying, "You literally just quoted one person's opinion. With due respect, that's exactly what you just quoted. And I think that that's what's driving this kind of false narrative as opposed to the facts that I'm citing."

Last edited:
I still have concerns but Damn I liked this Vivek said, Bet Andrea won't ask him on again
Ramaswamy confronts MSNBC host on climate change: ‘Hard fact’ fossil fuels prevent ‘climate related deaths’

This was good too;
"After mentioning the necessity of carbon dioxide for plants on the planet and reiterating that his points on climate represent the "hard facts" of the issue, Mitchell used Floridans talking about how bad Hurricane Idalia looks.

"There's a hard fact of the hurricane that is now approaching. The mayor through three generations – St. Petersburg resident – says he's never seen anything like this, the ocean warming. But let me move on to some-," Mitchell said before Ramaswamy prevented her from changing subjects."

"Andrea, may I respectfully offer a response to that? And I mean this with due respect. If someone on the other side or an uneducated person from Arkansas who didn't go to college and offered one weather event as an end of one anecdote to help support a theory of global climate change, you'd laugh them off the stage as a rube for saying they don't follow data," he said.

Mitchell responded, "I'm not talking about one person's opinion. We talk to professors, academics, industry people…"

Ramaswamy cut in again, saying, "You literally just quoted one person's opinion. With due respect, that's exactly what you just quoted. And I think that that's what's driving this kind of false narrative as opposed to the facts that I'm citing."

I don't like his foreign policy and think he sometimes doesn't know what he's talking about on procedure. However, on substance, he's an excellent advocate on a lot of issues. Again, I won't vote for him in the primary (unless it's narrowed down to him and Trump), but I'd be glad to see him win the general.

He came across as a total a-hole in the debate, but he is a smart guy. I agree with Deez as he has no foreign policy experience.

I am still not totally convinced but he is not afraid to speak his mind. Any other person would have let Andrea Mitchell get in the last word on climate change causing Idelia. I like that he didn't let here get away with bs

I don't like his foreign policy and think he sometimes doesn't know what he's talking about on procedure. However, on substance, he's an excellent advocate on a lot of issues. Again, I won't vote for him in the primary (unless it's narrowed down to him and Trump), but I'd be glad to see him win the general.
He is totally lost on foreign policy which in the end will be his undoing. 8 years as VP would serve him well.

I didn’t see much in that article about foreign policy. I read mostly racial stereotyping from leftists.
Yes, but I didn't mean to imply my thoughts on his foreign policy positions came from that article. My thoughts come from the debate and other articles. I like the article because it points out hypocrisy of the left.

Vivek and Trump are the only 2 candidates that have a foreign policy that would actually thwart the Uniparty and protect normal citizens from the secondary effects of military intervention on the other side of the world.

Haley has the biggest lead over Biden relative to other GOP candidates according to CNN polling.

Haley has the biggest lead over Biden relative to other GOP candidates according to CNN polling.

She's probably the most electable candidate. Desantis is easy to frame as "mean." He has a rough edge that the soccer moms may not like as much. Haley is cheery and likable. I'm still voting for Desantis, because I think he can overcome that challenge and think he's the strongest advocate on policy, but she would enter the general election with the biggest advantages.

So someone is apparently trying to shoot down Kristi Noem's VP chances by exposing her for having an affair with Corey Lewandowski.

And how does this little dork score hot chicks like Noem and Hope Hicks???

Last edited:

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back