2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

No doubt they are always going to be at the top of the heap. Their top 5 consistency has been amazing.
It has been amazing, but it needs an asterisk. tOSU and Meatchicken are the consistent powers in the B1G, so they are always going to be highly rated by the Eastern press.

Does a school like Western Kentucky have so much NIL finds available they can attract a 4 time transfer?

Pretty sure this is one of those classic be careful entering the portal because you might not like what you get. I would bet money he thought he would end up at a P5 school but when it didn't happen he had to go to whoever would take him.

Does a school like Western Kentucky have so much NIL finds available they can attract a 4 time transfer?
No more than Texas State, right? This is an ugly side of college football. Based on his numbers from last season, it’s unlikely that he’s unwelcome to return to Texas State. But at least on the surface, Western Kentucky is not an upgrade in any way. So the move appears to be questionable. There really should be a limit on the number of times one person transfers, just like there should be a limit on how many years one person can play in college.

What if, the second transfer, you can choose not to sit out, but you burn your "5 years to play 4"

Kind of silly knowing some guys are in their 8th season.

One source lists a 40 time of 4.55.

This is also interesting:

Arizona cornerback Tacario Davis officially enters transfer portal with Do Not Contact designation.

Ketchum — somewhat hesitatingly — projected on a YouTube video that he has information to suggest that “starter level players” at Texas are making $250,000. This is NIL money.

He speculated that Worthy might have been making three times that much, and that the CB from Washington, Muhammad, is likely being offered twice that much by Oregon. That could be the holdup in his decision making process because – and this is speculation – Texas probably wouldn’t go there and rock the boat.

I knew the NIL was a factor, but I certainly didn’t suspect that the payroll was as big as he is suggesting. Now, that is not for every player, but it might be for half of the starters, or more.

Don't know that he, in particular, is worth double the rest of the starters.
IMHO he isn’t, and the disruption that would be caused would not be healthy for the program.

Man do I dislike NIL, even though Texas has been and will be one of the few programs to benefit.

hate it also. But the NIL game has to be played and we might as well play it hard cause others will. Certainly bodes well for the top tier universities, equality be damned.

Who do we want from Michigan now that Harbaugh’s going to the NFL (Chargers)? Sark should be reviewing the catalog about now.

Theoretically, I think we will mudhole UM in Ann Arbor on Sept 7.

Interesting to see the SEC teams on our schedule now rather than the usual B12 suspects.

2024_schedule.jpg

Who do we want from Michigan now that Harbaugh’s going to the NFL (Chargers)? Sark should be reviewing the catalog about now.

Theoretically, I think we will mudhole UM in Ann Arbor on Sept 7.

Interesting to see the SEC teams on our schedule now rather than the usual B12 suspects.

View attachment 9291
I like your catalog reference a lot. Reminds me of searching for Christmas presents in the JCPenney catalog back in the day.

However, I think getting Michigan transfers will be much more difficult than we are accustomed. Almost all of our portal acquisitions over the last few years have either some kind of Texas tie (through high school or college) or are regionally from the south. Trill Carter is the only immediate exception from a midwestern school that I can think of - and he bailed at the first opportunity. I am hoping we can bolster our roster with some awesome Michigan transfers but I think this particular case will be very tough sledding. If Kelly does backfill in Michigan I think our best near future opportunities will come from LSU. Sending Sark their catalog now.

Ketchum — somewhat hesitatingly — projected on a YouTube video that he has information to suggest that “starter level players” at Texas are making $250,000. This is NIL money.

He speculated that Worthy might have been making three times that much, and that the CB from Washington, Muhammad, is likely being offered twice that much by Oregon. That could be the holdup in his decision making process because – and this is speculation – Texas probably wouldn’t go there and rock the boat.

I knew the NIL was a factor, but I certainly didn’t suspect that the payroll was as big as he is suggesting. Now, that is not for every player, but it might be for half of the starters, or more.
So when he says that Muhammad, is likely being offered twice that much by Oregon, do you think he means twice the $250,000 starter rate or twice the $750,000 that Worthy was making?

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-MS STATE *
Sat, Sep 28 • 3:15 PM on SEC Network

Recent Threads

Back