2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

Am I the only one that is worried about our HS recruits getting disillusioned with us because Sark keeps inserting portal players above them in the pecking order?
I think this has to do almost entirely with expectation management. And frankly, Sark is probably about as good as it gets in that department.

I was struck by something DeAndre Moore said an interview I saw recently. Basically acknowledging that he was “the man in high school” and that he really had no competition. He gets to Texas and there are quality players everywhere, and plenty of competition.

Recruits will likely be told that if they are as good as the transfers coming in, they will see the field. (See Kelvin Banks.) But if not, they need not feel pressured to get to the field quickly, because they will be afforded the time to develop. To me it’s sort of the best of both worlds.

True, a few may lack the patience, and panic. Hopefully not many. The attrition we have seen so far is expected to have little to no consequence.

Might keep an eye on this one. Was recruited to UCLA by Nansen, then followed him to Zona'.

upload_2024-1-19_21-16-35.png

Arizona DT on a visit this weekend.

Tiaoalii Savea, Arizona, Defensive Line

I am assuming if we offer, it’s a done deal. My concern is that we need immediate impact players, and there is probably no need to pull the trigger quickly. The likelihood of impact players being available between now and April is (IMHO) high.

To be fair, I don’t know much about Savea and as we have seen with players like Sweat & Murphy, stars mean nothing at this position.

I am assuming if we offer, it’s a done deal. My concern is that we need immediate impact players, and there is probably no need to pull the trigger quickly. The likelihood of impact players being available between now and April is (IMHO) high.

To be fair, I don’t know much about Savea and as we have seen with players like Sweat & Murphy, stars mean nothing at this position.

Yeah, DT and the O-Line are hard to scout. There are a lot of 2 star Offensive lineman in the NFL.

Dude was highly recruited out of HS with offers from 20+ P5 teams including Michigan, USC, LSU, Oregon, UCLA (where he went before transferring to Arizona along with Coach Nansen), Florida, Auburn, Arkansas, ou, etc.

He is an immediate impact player .Obviously Coach Nansen thinks highly of him since he's coached him for three years. Probably has two seasons left including C19 year and he helps with the Samoan pipeline.

AZ roster has him at 6-4 305.

For as well as we’ve done in the portal this offseason, Ohio State has done much better.
Apples to oranges. We didn’t need a qb or rb and we got a very good safety and impact wide receivers. Ohio State doing as well as Texas in the portal, agreed. Much better, I think not. Ole Miss is up there as well, but that is what Kiffen lives on.

Ohio State is in severe trauma after this past season, losing to Michigan and then watching them take it all. They are all in. Money be damned. That's my take.

Ohio State is in severe trauma after this past season, losing to Michigan and then watching them take it all. They are all in. Money be damned. That's my take.
Yep, buckeyes are in severe arse burn over losing to Michigan. Either way, the buckeyes have had and are a very solid program. They have been raiding Texas for 10 years & making a living off it while Texas was searching for identity with a diversity hire and and complete moron hire(lesson learned hopefully). Hoping this years record is back to the norm.

Yep, buckeyes are in severe arse burn over losing to Michigan. Either way, the buckeyes have had and are a very solid program. They have been raiding Texas for 10 years & making a living off it while Texas was searching for identity with a diversity hire and and complete moron hire(lesson learned hopefully). Hoping this years record is back to the norm.

No doubt they are always going to be at the top of the heap. Their top 5 consistency has been amazing.

Last edited:

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-MS STATE *
Sat, Sep 28 • 3:15 PM on SEC Network

Recent Threads

Back