2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

I noticed that too. That would have been unthinkable not too long ago.
Money, the root of all evil. Unfortunately these are all young guys and most did not come from affluent environments so they will chase the money. NIL could easily destroy college football if someone doesnt put some rules in place. Its not difficult, just ask the coaches & AD's and the next year you can fix this. Tweak it as needed but get ahold of it before its a run away train.

I think this year it is exactly that ‘a runaway train’.
LC had a post from an unhappy Ala supporter blasting NIL. I think he posted it as a poor poor me Ala supporter but I agreed with the assessment.

Legend,

I agree with your post, but the problem is you are asking to give time to a group of people who haven't gotten one thing correct in 60+ years. These are people that couldn't figure out that the 39 Nissan Z cars in the SMU parking lot MIGHT be a clue something ain't right, OR the mother South of Dallas living in a shotgun house suddenly moves into an 1800 sq ft brick home with central AC and NO MORTGAGE might be a problem, OR I could type the rest of the month and the list of schools would not stop.

Give them credit though, they did make Jerry Gray's BMW the most investigated vehicle in NCAA history only to find out after multiple (more than 5) investigations that the car was "clean".

I don't trust those morons to get anything right.

Money, the root of all evil. Unfortunately these are all young guys and most did not come from affluent environments so they will chase the money. NIL could easily destroy college football if someone doesnt put some rules in place. It’s not difficult, just ask the coaches & AD's and the next year you can fix this. Tweak it as needed but get ahold of it before it’s a run away train.
Though Texas was the victim of the “bag man” for decades, now that Texas has the economic advantage, we will become the poster child for what’s wrong. By this time next year or the year thereafter, we might be enemy number one in the media. Perhaps we should come out against its present form, to preempt the propaganda.

Last edited:
Makes one wonder if some of the younger guys on the team are getting antsy due to all of these transfers

It sure is a new world. Only time will tell but if Sark believes this team can win a natty next season by adding 5 or 6 proven veterans, I wouldn't be concerned with the feelings of a handful of freshmen or sophomores. Winning ultimately will keep the best players happy and the next set of recruits coming. Gotta balance it though.

Sark has built a powerful team! Yes we lost some good talent but we have built a very good team for next year though I have some concerns at dline.
Being that there will be 12 playoff teams next year we should be one of those

Sark has built a powerful team! Yes we lost some good talent but we have built a very good team for next year though I have some concerns at dline.
Being that there will be 12 playoff teams next year we should be one of those
If we improve at edge, the DT’s can afford to be average.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-MS STATE *
Sat, Sep 28 • 3:15 PM on SEC Network

Recent Threads

Back