2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

Sayin is ESPN’s No. 3 overall player in the Class of 2024 and the marquee offensive player in Alabama’s 2024 recruiting class. He’s an early enrollee who arrived in January and came to Alabama to play for Nick Saban He’ll now explore other options.

He had a chance to go to Texas but picked Bama over us. Don’t get mad at me for pointing out the truth - Ju’Sayin!

Happy to have him but perhaps I am in the minority but I was super impressed with Gunner Helm this year. I dont recall a single drop from him and he always was moving forward. Seems like we have several behind him as well. I guess its good to be Texas but we cant hold that many players because they too will portal without playing time. Its just the nature of the beast now.

Beginning to wonder if our next DL coach is currently in the NFL playoffs, hence the silence on that front.

It was noted by IT after Bo left that the DL coach was most likely coming from the nfl and his team was in the playoffs. Tea leaves say it's Wright. So we'll see.

Last edited:
Happy to have him but perhaps I am in the minority but I was super impressed with Gunner Helm this year. I dont recall a single drop from him and he always was moving forward. Seems like we have several behind him as well. I guess its good to be Texas but we cant hold that many players because they too will portal without playing time. Its just the nature of the beast now.
Read an article on Burnt Orange saying that Sark intends to keep the 2 TE formation in the playbook. So Helm is still going to be involved.

Happy to have him but perhaps I am in the minority but I was super impressed with Gunner Helm this year. I dont recall a single drop from him and he always was moving forward. Seems like we have several behind him as well. I guess it’s good to be Texas but we cant hold that many players because they too will portal without playing time. It’s just the nature of the beast now.
You can NEVER have too many TE. NEVER!!!!

Also, TE can develop into tackles, DE, edge, WR, etc. with their skill set.

Beginning to wonder if our next DL coach is currently in the NFL playoffs, hence the silence on that front.
Given the fact that Sark is on fire — both on the recruiting trial and in the portal — I am growing less concerned about the DT position every day. I’m guessing that we will have two studs, committed no later than April. And just imagine if Harbaugh goes to the NFL? The DT options may explode in the transfer portal. Finally, you have the DT from Alabama that just entered.

A month ago I thought I would never say this, but the way it’s looking, our roster in 24 may be better than it was in 23. That has to scare the crap out of the SEC.

guess winning wasn’t important to this guy….I

Not sure about this one but this guy has waffled several times so guessing distance was going to be a factor sooner or later. Napier is a legit recruiter and coach. Florida had a tough year but by his history, they will rebound. Wish the kid luck and he can watch Texas from the stands.

Am I the only one that is worried about our HS recruits getting disillusioned with us because Sark keeps inserting portal players above them in the pecking order?

Am I the only one that is worried about our HS recruits getting disillusioned with us because Sark keeps inserting portal players above them in the pecking order?
Possibly, but I think this is a unique year with Saban retiring and Deboer taking over so you have an higher than would be expected portalling of high end talent. Right now the only position where the young talent is clearly being impacted is at wide receiver. I expect to see a couple of the young WR portal out in the later period. Otherwise, LB, TE, and S were thin and there will still be plenty of playing time for all (same at edge). DB's may be affected, but most of those players are inexperienced and have to compete for time anyway. I don't think this portal class in this unique year will have a demonstrable impact on HS recruiting going forward.

So far several players from the transfer portal have committed.
We have no idea at this point where in the pecking order they may land.
I better go warning the kids

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-MS STATE *
Sat, Sep 28 • 3:15 PM on SEC Network

Recent Threads

Back