2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

It was one of our recent coaches that said we don't want hostages.
If they want to go let him go.
I agree with this but at some point adults have to start to manage this fire storm. Kids sign a LOI, thats a contract and if they back out, there has to be a negative side to that like sitting out a year or something that has teeth.

An idea. Since the 18-20-year-olds are signing a piece of paper as a way to the NIL money, it is hard to hold them to it (over 21 one is an adult and if they want out they lose a year of eligibility). Therefore, for the 18-20 year olds let them go but punish the school signing them by specifying that they lose a scholarship for interfering with a contract. (if an HC leaves after the LOI is signed this would not count.)

An idea. Since the 18-20-year-olds are signing a piece of paper as a way to the NIL money, it is hard to hold them to it (over 21 one is an adult and if they want out they lose a year of eligibility). Therefore, for the 18-20 year olds let them go but punish the school signing them by specifying that they lose a scholarship for interfering with a contract. (if an HC leaves after the LOI is signed this would not count.)
How about you punish the coach that's leaving instead of the school that couldn't keep him.
His new school would lose a scholarship for every recruit that drops their letter of intent.
Might keep recruits from following coaches to the new schools.

How about you punish the coach that's leaving instead of the school that couldn't keep him.
His new school would lose a scholarship for every recruit that drops their letter of intent.
Might keep recruits from following coaches to the new schools.
That would work also.

Moon,

Forty plus years ago, I presented a lengthy proposal to the NCAA in Shawnee Mission regarding punishment for schools, coaches, & athletes, which focused most heavily on repeat offenders and involved forfeiture of TV revenue, visits, scholarships and banned coaches.

I received a not so detailed reply telling me that the NCAA was in the business of regulating institutions not individuals. I realized then that these clowns have no clue and never want to have a clue. After that, I had the good fortune to be visited by their "investigators" in my office. I say "good fortune" because it was more fun and funnier than any sitcom on TV.

Moon,

Forty plus years ago, I presented a lengthy proposal to the NCAA in Shawnee Mission regarding punishment for schools, coaches, & athletes, which focused most heavily on repeat offenders and involved forfeiture of TV revenue, visits, scholarships and banned coaches.

I received a not so detailed reply telling me that the NCAA was in the business of regulating institutions not individuals. I realized then that these clowns have no clue and never want to have a clue. After that, I had the good fortune to be visited by their "investigators" in my office. I say "good fortune" because it was more fun and funnier than any sitcom on TV.
Sabre,
I sent a letter to the NCA
Moon,

Sabre,
I mailed a letter to them about 25 years ago with suggestions on how they could ease the financial burdens and obligations of institutions by reducing the number of required scholarship sports and making some non revenue sports non-scholarship or intramural.
I got a response that could have written by an elementary kid, it went straight into the paper recycle bin.
Since that incident, they became worthless as teats on a boar hog.
They need to be totally disbanded and fired.

bishop,

They are lots of fun to visit with. They are so dumb, they have no idea if they are being ****** literally or figuratively

Last edited:
Does anybody really want a player to be forced to play? What happens when they decide to fumble, miss a tackle in retaliation. If they dont want to be here we dont want them.
In the last 4-5 years I can think of two missed tackles that looked like they were in retaliation. And one of them was this past season.

Looks like he came out on the bad end of NCAA’s eeny meeny miny moe

I dont like the 6-7 years of college life to play. The covid thing is a one off for sure but a 24-25 year old playing against 18 year old just seems a little much. Get your 4-5 years and if it doesnt work out then time to move on. Just my 2 cents.

legend,

I might make an exception for the guys that go into the military then come back and start school. Our last one of those worked out pretty well and seemed to add a little maturity in the locker room.

Last edited:
I dont like the 6-7 years of college life to play.

Hi

Casey-Thompson-pic2-3023261531.jpg

Fully agree with each of these statements by Rick and legend and sabre...but would substitute might for I would if he / she served and were discharged honorably!!!!

True and I have to frequently remind myself that these are 17-19 year olds raised in an era of "instant gratification." I find myself thinking of them as adults with years of life experiences. That simply isn't the case.

I dont like the 6-7 years of college life to play. The covid thing is a one off for sure but a 24-25 year old playing against 18 year old just seems a little much. Get your 4-5 years and if it doesnt work out then time to move on. Just my 2 cents.

I might make an exception for the guys that go into the military then come back and start school. Our last one of those worked out pretty well and seemed to add a little maturity in the locker room.

Question on this portal thing
So the players committing now were in the portal pipeline from Dec?
And the players declaring now do not enter until April 15?
And can not receive offers??

Sark- ENOUGH!!!!
You can’t continue to stack this amount of absurd talent. Its not fair.
I can not wait for NOV 30, 2024.

I HATE the portal for selfish reasons, but Sark basically is always going to get the top WR portal players each year.

Last edited:

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-MS STATE *
Sat, Sep 28 • 3:15 PM on SEC Network

Recent Threads

Back