2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

Per IT, Washington CB Jabbar Muhammad will be in Austin on Wednesday and Thursday.

They're calling it 50/50 right now.

If Texas loses out, they don't think it will be NIL related.

Both Muhammads at the corners.
Barron at the Star position
Mukuba and Williams at safety

This looks really strong.

Not surprising. He would be wise to cool his jets for a few days and wait to see who we hire. But then again, how many 17-18 year olds can cool their jets?

Even if he comes in, he probably won’t make an impact for two years. So the portal is probably the answer. Additionally, if he bails, that opens up another precious spot.

Both Muhammads at the corners.
Barron at the Star position
Mukuba and Williams at safety

This looks really strong.

Our depth at CB includes...
Brooks and Holmes each got hundreds of snaps this season. I wouldn't sleep on Brooks to beat out the cousin. And Kobe Black

Safety depth is more of a concern...
We had 4 safeties portal.
DWill and Taaffe add Mukuba. Filsaime ready as a fresh?

Depth for impact players across 5 DB positions is hard imo with players getting dinged up and outright injured.

Seems the NCAA should have a rule about eligibility loss in this instance, because that LOI could have gone to someone else. Of course, they'll lie about being abused or something personal driving it, but if it's for money then, you know, that's B S.
I agree there should be some penalty, but it just opens up another spot for a portal.

LC, you missed the point. A LOI subtracts from the available scholarship limit. If they let him out of the LOI, that opens up a spot for someone else.

Seems the NCAA should have a rule about eligibility loss in this instance, because that LOI could have gone to someone else. Of course, they'll lie about being abused or something personal driving it, but if it's for money then, you know, that's B S.
His position coach Bo Davis left for LSU.
So there's that.

His position coach Bo Davis left for LSU.
So there's that.

I get that, but they say, don't follow coaches, follow the university. Everybody understands that a coach may leave. I signed commitment is a contract. Can they just break it? Did UT lie to him? Did Bo lie to him? Should our other D-line commits all be let loose like a lover just to see if they were ever really yours (If you love somebody set them free)? This anarchy about it all is ridiculous.

I do believe they will have to start forcing players to sign a contract and turn this whole thing into a 2nd professional league until they are ready for the show.

I get that, but they say, don't follow coaches, follow the university.

"they" (even people on here) might say it, but that doesn't make it true. on one hand we say to choose the school. on the other hand we tout coaches who are great recruiters. on one hand we want kids who love burnt orange. on the other hand, we want coaches to bring back "dbu" to the university. the tower doesn't put kids in the nfl.

Does anybody really want a player to be forced to play? What happens when they decide to fumble, miss a tackle in retaliation. If they dont want to be here we dont want them.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-MS STATE *
Sat, Sep 28 • 3:15 PM on SEC Network

Recent Threads

Back