2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

You guys have been forewarned: NIL will be regulated when everyone else realizes that Texas will win 5 straight NC’s under the current system. Everyone will be on the same page since everyone hates Texas.
Your prediction has a very high probability.

There’s too many TV sets to be lost. The big money realized that in the late 60’s. Hence the scholarship limits. Before then, the vast majority of recruits stayed in their own region.

The NFL captures the TV sets of the areas without good high school and college football. So you have The Patriots, 49ers, Eagles. I don’t watch the NFL but aren’t there 7 teams in New York and California but only 2 in Texas? Actually I would count Vegas as a Californian team…so 8

College football captures the TV sets of the remaining areas..primarily Texas, the south and Midwest.

Texas dominance will likely push the Big Ten back a row in the bus. That would be bad for advertising since there would be less and less interest in college football in the Midwest, Northeast and West coasts.

Add that, to the absolute fact of the matter, that there’s a lot of jealousy out there for the State of Texas and UT. They can’t compete! This is about the only way left that they can tilt the field against us.

The first sign will be more negative media about the unfair advantages that we have. A whole lot more. And then next year’s officiating will be very interesting to watch.

Last edited:
Maybe because he had practiced his bus speech in a few living rooms?
To some extent, a good recruiter has to sell a sweet story to the recruit until he’s on campus. Then, you can let out your inner Bo. Bo likely doesn’t do sweet. Bo is a talent developer, not a sweet talker.

personally I really don't know why athletes enter the portal just because the HC is no longer there. At Alabama for instance, they are getting a really good replacement and the program is still gonna roll(No PUN intended). Might as well stay and be a part of a new legacy.
However, OTOH, I enjoy reaping the benefit of getting their transfers:yippee:

Now, it's the coaches job of putting the team together to make it function as a single minded unit intent on winning championships. This has become the new expectation every year, to win every game and finish numero uno.

Dude.
Running 3 ankle breakers in Sark's diverse offense keeps defenses off balance.
I don’t think it’s a stretch to suggest that Sark is establishing the blueprint for offenses in college, for the next generation. He started it in Alabama, and is continuing it in Austin. And take a look at the receiver groups in the NFL. In many cases, it’s not dissimilar to what Sark is doing. I’m sure that players like Bond and many others are taking note.

Oregon State WR Silas Bolden told 247 Texas is the team to beat right now.

He mentioned he spent time with WR Isaiah Bond and they'll be talking about teaming up for next season.

He didn't fully commit to the other visits he's supposed to take before making a decision.

How do we keep all the WR’s happy? 3 WR sets while alternating starter and back-ups for each play?

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-MS STATE *
Sat, Sep 28 • 3:15 PM on SEC Network

Recent Threads

Back