2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

upload_2024-1-14_21-34-31.png

I’ve been wondering the same thing - especially since they all have the exact same skill set. Plus, what does this mean for Niblett and Moore?
Those guys want 50 catches and go pro. The young guys will be fine.

Those guys want 50 catches and go pro. The young guys will be fine.
This is year two of being left on the bench in favor of more experienced players. How will they ever get experience and their chances at 50 catches if that cycle continues, which it almost certainly will? The situation to play appears hopeless for them. But I’m sure this happens at every program every year.

This is year two of being left on the bench in favor of more experienced players. How will they ever get experience and their chances at 50 catches if that cycle continues, which it almost certainly will? The situation to play appears hopeless for them. But I’m sure this happens at every program every year.

I've posted this before but the intent was always to take two wr's from the portal. That's where we are currently.
As far as skillset..Golden and Bolden ( who has not comitted) can return kicks. Bond is not a kick returner.
As for as those that are in " year two" they just have to earn it in practice. The numbers will work themselves out. Sark would be derelict if the staff passed on proven quality to keep the unproven's happy.

A good example is on the vollyball side where coach Elliott is stocking up on proven portals when there are all world recruits on the bench that have not gotten consistant playing time.

Unfortunately that is the college landscape at the moment.

I've posted this before but the intent was always to take two wr's from the portal. That's where we are currently.
As far as skillset..Golden and Bolden ( who has not comitted) can return kicks. Bond is not a kick returner.
As for as those that are in " year two" they just have to earn it in practice. The numbers will work themselves out. Sark would be derelict if the staff passed on proven quality to keep the unproven's happy.

A good example is on the vollyball side where coach Elliott is stocking up on proven portals when there are all world recruits on the bench that have not gotten consistant playing time.

Yep. There's also no guarantee than Bolden can beat out Cook or Mingo either.

I kinda get a little nervous when overstocking talent in one position.
If everyone accepts their role or playing time it's all good.
there could also be injuries.
But Sark is doing his job in building the best team possible.

2 experienced guys made sense, but I don't get going after Bolden. With last years Freshmen and this year's recruits, that's a lot of WR's. Unless Sark already knows a couple of those guys aren't going to pan out, it doesn't make sense to me, especially when we need to be beefing up the defense in multiple positions.

Per IT, Washington CB Jabbar Muhammad will be in Austin on Wednesday and Thursday.

They're calling it 50/50 right now.

If Texas loses out, they don't think it will be NIL related.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-MS STATE *
Sat, Sep 28 • 3:15 PM on SEC Network

Recent Threads

Back