2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

DL is now the focus. Bobby Burton is strongly inferring that Texas has their guy, but that they can’t lock it down yet. That could mean several things, including whether he stays at the current school, is he coming from the NFL, etc. My interpretation? Roach at Alabama. I wanted Ogeron.

Another angle that could be interesting with respect to defensive lineman is what happens with players f
at Washington and, if DeBoer’s replacement is Jedd Fisch of Arizona, are there any good DLs from either school that enter? Particularly with AZ and the Johnny Nansen connection, those kids could be interested. He certainly knows them.

I don’t love the fact that we can poach players in this New World of NIL, but it is what it is, and we might as well take full advantage. The 30 day portal waiver for players affected by their HC leaving is certainly reasonable.

Finally – and SaberHorn will have an opinion about this – there are indications that Duane Akins might have an advisory role for the Texas secondary in 2024.

DL is now the focus. Bobby Burton is strongly inferring that Texas has their guy, but that they can’t lock it down yet. That could mean several things, including whether he stays at the current school, is he coming from the NFL, etc. My interpretation? Roach at Alabama. I wanted Ogeron.

Another angle that could be interesting with respect to defensive lineman is what happens with players f
at Washington and, if DeBoer’s replacement is Jedd Fisch of Arizona, are there any good DLs from either school that enter? Particularly with AZ and the Johnny Nansen connection, those kids could be interested. He certainly knows them.

I don’t love the fact that we can poach players in this New World of NIL, but it is what it is, and we might as well take full advantage. The 30 day portal waiver for players affected by their HC leaving is certainly reasonable.

Finally – and SaberHorn will have an opinion about this – there are indications that Duane Akins might have an advisory role for the Texas secondary in 2024.

Some smoke that the DL coach is coming from the nfl and the team he is coaching for is in the playoffs.

We weren't in on any DL that AZ took but Nansen might have a player or two in mind.

Akina is coming in as an analyst/ advisor role. That's good enough for me.

Some smoke that the DL coach is coming from the nfl and the team he is coaching for is in the playoffs.

We weren't in on any DL that AZ took but Nansen might have a player or two in mind.

Akina is coming in as an analyst/ advisor role. That's good enough for me.

I might add that Akina recruited Gideon to Tx back in the day.

You guys have been forewarned: NIL will be regulated when everyone else realizes that Texas will win 5 straight NC’s under the current system. Everyone will be on the same page since everyone hates Texas.

You beat me to it.
I love Akina and when this was announced I was headed here to gloat.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-MS STATE *
Sat, Sep 28 • 3:15 PM on SEC Network

Back