2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

WR is going to be super-untested next year without some of these confirmed portal guys:

Golden
Cook
Moore
Niblett
Wingo
Livingstone
Butler (?)
Dubose (?)

It'll be like 2004 when VY had no one to throw to, except QE doesn't have that kind of run ability. We've gotta get at least two more, in my opinion. Daniels might be the most important portal pickup of 2024. Losing Stewart to someone like Oregon or Bama means a continued search for someone else in the portal, but there isn't a ton of experience beyond the top few available guys.

WR is going to be super-untested next year without some of these confirmed portal guys:

Golden
Cook
Moore
Niblett
Wingo
Livingstone
Butler (?)
Dubose (?)

It'll be like 2004 when VY had no one to throw to, except QE doesn't have that kind of run ability. We've gotta get at least two more, in my opinion. Daniels might be the most important portal pickup of 2024. Losing Stewart to someone like Oregon or Bama means a continued search for someone else in the portal, but there isn't a ton of experience beyond the top few available guys.
I don’t think we wanted Stewart.

I’m confident that Sark knows what he is doing. WR is not like OL or DT. With receivers, young players can make an immediate impact. Bring in too many portal guys and you can create culture issues. We will be fine.

Golden
Cook
Moore
Niblett
Wingo
Livingstone
Butler (?)
Dubose (?)

Dude, with our OL and running game, WR will be open.

Dude, with our OL and running game, WR will be open.

I could say the same thing about 2004. CB (RIP) won the friggin' Doak Walker, and our leading WRs had 33, 23, and 7 catches for the entire season.

That was a great season for entirely different reasons (VY, DJ, Rose Bowl win) but the game has changed since then and we'll need actual production from the position given our QB's strengths.

I could say the same thing about 2004. CB (RIP) won the friggin' Doak Walker, and our leading WRs had 33, 23, and 7 catches for the entire season.

That was a great season for entirely different reasons (VY, DJ, Rose Bowl win) but the game has changed since then and we'll need actual production from the position given our QB's strengths.
I think the emphasis of run over pass in 2004 had more to do with the QB than WR. We had the same WR’s in 2005 for the most part and they shined when the QB got better at the passing game.

I think the emphasis of run over pass in 2004 had more to do with the QB than WR. We had the same WR’s in 2005 for the most part and they shined when the QB got better at the passing game.
I remember Roy Williams saying he was coming back for his senior year to learn how to block for Vince Young.

Second portal window is Apill 16-30. No doubt there will be some additional and intriguing options. There may also be a departure or two…

So the players who entered the Dec portal and didn't get offers are in limbo. Not many schools will take back and keep on scholarship players who entered portal. Will be interesting to see how many players are now without a school or schollie.What a mess
That might spur the NCAA to put some guideline in place

So the players who entered the Dec portal and didn't get offers are in limbo. Not many schools will take back and keep on scholarship players who entered portal. Will be interesting to see how many players are now without a school or schollie.What a mess
That might spur the NCAA to put some guideline in place
I believe once they've entered the portal they can still accept offers even after the portal closes.

Number 1 - NCAA has to recognize a problem exists. To do that, they have to know what's going on. They have not known what's going own in the last 60 years.

Number 2 - They have to make a decision. Not exactly their strong suit. They still live by "if I don't do anything, I can't do anything wrong"

Number 3 - every change they have made has been wrong and made things worse.

Question - when the head coach leaves his school, isn't there an opportunity for the players at that school to have an additional shot at the portal? If so, it will be very interesting to see what happens at Alabama.

Sounds like he naturally evolving to be a leader:

"I want to be the quarterback who worked every year to get better," he said. "The quarterback who loved his teammates, the quarterback who won a lot of football games and brought Texas football back to the top of college football where it belongs."

Sounds like he naturally evolving to be a leader:

"I want to be the quarterback who worked every year to get better," he said. "The quarterback who loved his teammates, the quarterback who won a lot of football games and brought Texas football back to the top of college football where it belongs."
My waning faith in college football needed this.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-MS STATE *
Sat, Sep 28 • 3:15 PM on SEC Network

Back