2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

UNLV is written all over his tweet.
I’d sure like to know what happened to Catalon. Never recovered from his injury? Doghouse? Inadequate skill set for Texas, I.e. coverage skills?

His case is an odd one. I am also staring to wonder about Gideon’s coaching prowess. We had a very specific issue in the backend all year, the inability to cover mid range and long passes, and to tackle in the secondary. I saw little to no improvement. Was that due to inadequate talent, poor coaching, poor scheming, or a combination? If the issue was just Penik I might be more sympathetic. But we had a problem with every team that had just a reasonable passing attack.

I’d sure like to know what happened to Catalon. Never recovered from his injury? Doghouse? Inadequate skill set for Texas, I.e. coverage skills?

His case is an odd one. I am also staring to wonder about Gideon’s coaching prowess. We had a very specific issue in the backend all year, the inability to cover mid range and long passes, and to tackle in the secondary. I saw little to no improvement. Was that due to inadequate talent, poor coaching, poor scheming, or a combination? If the issue was just Penik I might be more sympathetic. But we had a problem with every team that had just a reasonable passing attack.
Not enough sacks for the last two years in part of it

I’m not really upset about this because there was a deficiency back there. However, it’s very strange when staters with remaining eligibility leave the program to go elsewhere. It’s not like he’s going pro. It’s not like we can’t afford him. It’s not like he wasn’t good enough or he wouldn’t have been a starter all season. This doesn’t make sense. Any insight on this strange move?

His coverage and lack of speed compared to opponents WRs became an issue. Seemed like he got replaced a lot for the rest of the year after that.

His coverage and lack of speed compared to opponents WRs became an issue. Seemed like he got replaced a lot for the rest of the year after that.
Sark has individual conversations with each player at the end of the season.
If a starter is transferring to another school I would assume his conversation with Sark didn't go the way he would like.

I want to thank HornFan nation. It’s been a honor to post here, but I’ve entered the portal.:hookem:
You failed to include three very important words, that are apparently mandatory when communicating an intent to enter the portal. I say “apparently” because virtually every tweet contains them…

Liberty WR CJ Daniels.

SEC patch will take a while to get used to.

upload_2024-1-7_20-21-32.png

Oregon State star WR Silas Bolden has entered the transfer portal. He caught 54 passes for 746 yards and 5 TDs this season.

Arizona offered a few days ago. I wonder if this is one Johnny Nansen recommended. He’s getting alot of offers

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-MS STATE *
Sat, Sep 28 • 3:15 PM on SEC Network

Back