2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

My guess is that they will take him back because they are Aggies and don't have enough pride to tell him to "piss off" for quitting on his team.

Apparently the parking garages are better in College Station than in Baton Rouge.

This portal business makes my head spin. I keep seeing starters at elite programs enter the portal. It has to be a money thing, but geez I hate all this movement.

From my Alabama guru on their portal guys:

“Little is excellent, Ferguson is above average and Seth is a head case.”

Guess now I know why the Ala fans I met at Nashville airport today said they won’t have the errors from center next year.

OA Phillips to Steve Worster when recruiting him to Third Ward: “never pick a school because of a coach since chances are he will be gone before you are”

NCAA is too dumb to control their own madness. They need to clamp down NOW, limit the number of transfers by a player and unionize the NIL money.

Just as the NFL has become unwatchable, college football is headed that direction. IF the big boys would step up and say “NO PORTAL PLAYERS into our program”, That would be a major step to jettisoning the NCAA and fulfilling the dream of DKR and Coach Broyles.

Hell, back in the day of massive cheating, the NCAA were the only ones that didn’t know what was going on.

And what about the coaches that recruit them and then take another job whenever they want.
Players should have the same rights.

Ok then, players sign the same contract coaches do and if they want to transfer the other team has to buy them out. That would stop a lot of this mess. Fair?

Ok then, players sign the same contract coaches do and if they want to transfer the other team has to buy them out. That would stop a lot of this mess. Fair?
Not sure that players should be placed on the same level as “management,” ie, the schools, or the coaches. Certainly even in the NFL that is not the case. Are there inequities? Sure. That’s life. But the inmates cannot be running the asylum. That’s the definition of chaos.

There is a league— the schools — and the players. Without such a hierarchy, the game eventually erodes into oblivion. The schools provide the platform, the league.

If the NCAA cannot step up and assume their role as the gatekeeper/rule-maker, then the Power 5 schools will need to get together and establish another governing body. That new governing body needs to set realistic and manageable rules that govern when and how players can transfer, and when they can declare. (Opening the portal window this last December 4th was absurd, and virtually unmanageable.) The governing body also needs to better define rules with respect to NIL.

As SaberHorn mentioned, one way to fix the current problem is to have a dozen or so high-level coaches and schools just step up. I’ll believe it when I see it, but I suppose that it’s not impossible.

Wonder how many of the supposed ‘elite’ college athletes across America are bringing in higher salaries than assistant coaches, and possibly some Head Coaches?

Not sure that players should be placed on the same level as “management,” ie, the schools, or the coaches. Certainly even in the NFL that is not the case. Are there inequities? Sure. That’s life. But the inmates cannot be running the asylum. That’s the definition of chaos.

It's just a question of the contract and how much of the money is guaranteed. The kids NIL is not as valuable if he goes to Libbety Bibbety University. It is somewhat based on whether they go to a large desirable program as well.

lamborghini austin doesn't want to do an NIL deal with a kid at FSU. So the value of the deal is often tied to the school they choose. So a "two-year" deal assumes they'd have to pay some back if they change schools within the two years.

Wonder how many of the supposed ‘elite’ college athletes across America are bringing in higher salaries than assistant coaches, and possibly some Head Coaches?
If not none, bet you can count them on two hands. I don’t buy the inflated numbers, or what Matt Rhule said, that a QB is a $1-2,000,000 expense. Perhaps a few.

My grandson, who played at IMG, said that one player that was guaranteed $12 million. Really? I just don’t buy it. Social media is delusional, and the greatest source of misinformation in history. Well, except for _____. (I know. Take it to the West Mall.)

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-MS STATE *
Sat, Sep 28 • 3:15 PM on SEC Network

Back