2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

Why? Mitchell is projected late 1st round and Sanders mid 2nd. I can't imagine either would improve their draft stock considerably coming back. If I were them I'd be NFL bound. That's the dream.
We have been led to believe that it’s all about the money, and getting to the NFL. Perhaps. But I’m not sure that every young man thinks that way. Vince admitted that he made a mistake, although in his defense, he expected to be the number one draft choice of his hometown team, and he should have been. Ricky stayed, and it certainly paid off for him.

To assume that it’s just about money might be doing a disservice to some of these players.

WJH,

It was really more the Norm Chow than Fisher. FWIW, his career slid downhill from there for the way he treated VY. He was adamantly opposed to drafting VY regardless of what Bud Adams said.

FWIW, remember that the person in Houston that passed on VY graduated from The University of Texas and serves on our Athletic Council.

The Houston NFL wannabes chose a guy that wasn't even the best DL on his college team. He was known around the ACC for taking plays off, taking series off, taking quarters off.

My understanding is that Fisher called every (almost every?) HC & GM in the NFL trash-talking VY. He poisoned VY's well. Admittedly Vince had some maturity issues but did nothing to excuse what JF did.
Oh, & f*** the Texans for passing on Vince.
When the Titans played in Houston Vince's (& Texans') rookie year, I took the fam. We wore Burnt Orange & cheered for Vince. The stadium was about 35% Burnt Orange, 40% Luv Ya Blue & 25% whatever shade of blue the Texans wear. The game went OT with Vince winning for Tennessee with an incredible 40-ish yard scramble...vintage Vince.

Last edited:
I do think that Fischer screwed with VY and he bears responsibility for not getting out of VY all that could have been possible (a la what he did get out of McNair). But that said, we also have to take off our burnt orange glasses and accept that VY has to take a ton of the responsibility for what happened with his career as well. That includes surrounding himself with a terrible posse, constantly being late (which continued into his post NFL career with public events two of which I was at personally and was embarrassed as a Texas ex at how late he showed up), not stepping up when he had the opportunities to be a leader but pouting and being selfish and more than anything not doing the things QB's do to be successful (get there on time, work your *** off, know the playbook backwards and forwards, etc.) There is a reason Colt had a longer career in the NFL and VY flamed out and it isnt just Fischer and Chow.

Both things can be true, Fischer and Chow can be total schmucks for what they did but VY also bears a lot of the responsibility for his own failings.

We have been led to believe that it’s all about the money, and getting to the NFL. Perhaps. But I’m not sure that every young man thinks that way. Vince admitted that he made a mistake, although in his defense, he expected to be the number one draft choice of his hometown team, and he should have been. Ricky stayed, and it certainly paid off for him.

To assume that it’s just about money might be doing a disservice to some of these players.
You're forgetting we're winning the NC this year. Mission accomplished.

sa,

I never heard about Fisher calling around the league, but if that happened (I have no reason to doubt your word), Adams would have run him out of the league. Most, if not all, of the front office moved to Nashville with the team.

That OT game is the only NFL game I've gone to at NRG. I had on Burnt Orange and rode the elevator down to sing The Eyes to VY. Who knows, we may have been standing together. The hangers-on/leaches, agent wannabes have destroyed more NFL careers than all the knee injuries combined.

Last edited:
I do think that Fischer screwed with VY and he bears responsibility for not getting out of VY all that could have been possible (a la what he did get out of McNair). But that said, we also have to take off our burnt orange glasses and accept that VY has to take a ton of the responsibility for what happened with his career as well. That includes surrounding himself with a terrible posse, constantly being late (which continued into his post NFL career with public events two of which I was at personally and was embarrassed as a Texas ex at how late he showed up), not stepping up when he had the opportunities to be a leader but pouting and being selfish and more than anything not doing the things QB's do to be successful (get there on time, work your *** off, know the playbook backwards and forwards, etc.) There is a reason Colt had a longer career in the NFL and VY flamed out and it isnt just Fischer and Chow.

Both things can be true, Fischer and Chow can be total schmucks for what they did but VY also bears a lot of the responsibility for his own failings.
There's no doubt Vince had/has some maturity issues. I imagine some of that is/was related to the very public drinking problem.

That said, I AM very proud of VY for going back to finish his degree.

I also think Steve McNair's passing had an effect on Vince.
Here is a father figure that could have helped guide. Vince, through some of the difficulties he faced as a young man with a ton of money in the NFL.

Bud Adams only wanted to draft VY to stick it in Houston's ear, and those ignorant aggie pricks, who evidentally cant read a draft order, played right into his hands.

Charges were dropped If as Dilfer said this offer came after extensive due diligence then Kitna deserves a second chance.

Recent Threads

Back