2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

Amazing. But talk about a timing nightmare, and a juggling act if we are interested. We have elite WR talent on the field — and one or two may stay, elite talent already on campus, and elite talent enrolling in January with the 24 early enrollees.

IMO If even only one stays with the elite talent enrolling in Jan we have super talented players who WANT to be at Texas
Versus an admittedly top player but one who is shopping around.
Is Rodgers that much better?
What happened at OSU?

If we do lose AD and Worthy to the pros, that only leaves Cook, Moore and Nibbit on the current WR roster.
Then add the incoming freshmen and one portal. We would still need more numbers at WR.

If we do lose AD and Worthy to the pros, that only leaves Cook, Moore and Nibbit on the current WR roster.
Then add the incoming freshmen and one portal. We would still need more numbers at WR.
Admittedly I am not sure what is a good number to have at the receiver position. But as of right now we have 8 with AD and Worthy gone to the NFL:
JOHNTAY COOK
RYAN NIBLETT
DEANDRE MOORE
RYAN WINGO
LIVINGSTONE
ARRON BUTLER
FREDDIE DUBOSE
GOLDEN (TRANSFER)
Do we really need anyone else? I am concerned about bringing in additional transfers and then losing HS signees. Maybe I am a little paranoid.
That list of 8, to me, represents potential but lacks the "go to", "dependable" receivers we have right now. The receiver position for next year may be seen as a weakness. Somebody will have to step up and I am sure a couple of them will with Ewers spreading the ball around.
looking at that list is very little experience except maybe Golden whom I don't know much about.

While I agree in principle with our depth, Sark might think a few need another season to develop.

We're losing X, AD, and JWhit. We need to performers next season. Those 8 might not all be ready

Rogers was a true freshman this year. What makes him more likely to "step up" than the highly ranked players on the roster that have earned a right to compete for a starting position, as well as the highly ranked incoming freshmen?

An experienced, proven WR like Mitchell may make sense for a year or 2 while our younger guys develop, but to me taking a guy to replace guys we already have with someone who may or may not be better doesn't make a lot of sense.

Admittedly I am not sure what is a good number to have at the receiver position. But as of right now we have 8 with AD and Worthy gone to the NFL:
JOHNTAY COOK
RYAN NIBLETT
DEANDRE MOORE
RYAN WINGO
LIVINGSTONE
ARRON BUTLER
FREDDIE DUBOSE
GOLDEN (TRANSFER)
Do we really need anyone else? I am concerned about bringing in additional transfers and then losing HS signees. Maybe I am a little paranoid.
That list of 8, to me, represents potential but lacks the "go to", "dependable" receivers we have right now. The receiver position for next year may be seen as a weakness. Somebody will have to step up and I am sure a couple of them will with Ewers spreading the ball around.
looking at that list is very little experience except maybe Golden whom I don't know much about.
We will not know how any of the newcomers adjust until September.
Right now, Cook and Golden are the only ones with some starting experience.
But I trust the coaches to make the decisions on who is ready and they should go after anyone in the portal with speed and playmaking ability.

While I agree in principle with our depth, Sark might think a few need another season to develop.

We're losing X, AD, and JWhit. We need to performers next season. Those 8 might not all be ready
Indeed and we also lose Cain, Neyor and some walk-ons. So we will have some questions to address there.

JOHNTAY COOK
RYAN NIBLETT
DEANDRE MOORE
RYAN WINGO
LIVINGSTONE
ARRON BUTLER
FREDDIE DUBOSE
GOLDEN (TRANSFER)
Get more defensive linemen..we have enough little guys..it’s the fast giants that are so rare.

I hope the edge guy we signed from UTSA is half as good as the Washington edge guy.

My guess is that they will take him back because they are Aggies and don't have enough pride to tell him to "piss off" for quitting on his team.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-MS STATE *
Sat, Sep 28 • 3:15 PM on SEC Network

Back