2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

I trust the coaches on Stewart. While he is certainly talented and Sark wanted him out of hs, Sark will not take a risk on taking someone that won't fit well mentally in the program. If its about development for the NFL, Sark is constantly talking about improving players in areas that they need to be successful at the next level.
Considering we're putting 3 WRs and a TE into the league this year, you'd think we'd be his first call. We're so loaded at WR though not sure he'd start. If a guys not willing to work his *** off at WR, he's not starting here.

Considering we're putting 3 WRs and a TE into the league this year, you'd think we'd be his first call. We're so loaded at WR though not sure he'd start. If a guys not willing to work his *** off at WR, he's not starting here.
It's not a for sure that Sanders is going to the NFL. And possibly not even Mitchell.

I can’t believe I am actually saying this given our all-too-recent inability to get an edge rush. But,,,we have a lot of potential stars in that area. I needn’t point out there are only two DE/edge players per down. Often, one spot is filled by a heavier, more DL looking guy to protect against a passing down run. Think Bill Atessis or Orakpo. We just are bringing in a solid stud in Collin Simmons. Burke has been impressive. Vacek needed and got a year to beef up. Look at the depth chart. If we bring in another, better?, player you can bet on losing one or more Edge players to portal in the spring. That may or may not be a bad thing. It is squad/team management in the NIL, transfer world of 2023. Only Sark and PK have a real grasp on development status within our current roster. If you remember, Jalen Ford was 3* and two years ago a transfer fear for lack of sure starter status. We have a couple of out of state DEs on the roster who were big ‘gets’ a year ago or so. Some may have flat lined or are adding bulk and near to starter status. Personally, I strongly prefer developing players internally vs plug and play transfers. It builds confidence in developing players and loyalty. Having invested the development time in Ford (and Overshown for that matter- he came in as a safety) has paid big dividends. Surely, you take big upgrades, but take into account secondary losses thereto.

I agree that I would prefer to develop players internally, I believe Sark has said as much too but he’s also responsible for putting the best product he can on the field, I can’t disagree with his stance at all.

There's been hints that both Sanders and Mitchell are coming back

I heard TAMU is a lean for a North Eastern Montana State WR who caught 3 balls for 13 yards on ver the last four years.
His decision seems to have wavered after he researched that it would be a drop in production at Colleyville and during his search he ran across the yell leaders yell practice videos.

Any truth to the rumor that SEC schools are featuring the yell leaders practice videos as a negative recruiting pitch?
Sark showed Tyanthony Smith the Appalachian State yell practice and Smith signed before the video ended. Still an unconfirmed rumor.
Proof-
https://www.youtube.com/live/q6Bxp5JSiII?si=EDRRrJBSHsOkU3ge

Last edited:
I heard TAMU is a lean for a North Eastern Montana State WR who caught 3 balls for 13 yards on ver the last four years.
His decision seems to have wavered after he researched that it would be a drop in production at Colleyville and during his search he ran across the yell leaders yell practice videos.

Any truth to the rumor that SEC schools are featuring the yell leaders practice videos as a negative recruiting pitch?
Sark showed Tyanthony Smith the Appalachian State yell practice and Smith signed before the video ended. Still an unconfirmed rumor.
Proof-
https://www.youtube.com/live/q6Bxp5JSiII?si=EDRRrJBSHsOkU3ge
I went to mid-nite yell practice once over 50 yrs ago. How many "z's" can you put in the word "BIZZZZZARRE"?

There's been hints that both Sanders and Mitchell are coming back
Why? Mitchell is projected late 1st round and Sanders mid 2nd. I can't imagine either would improve their draft stock considerably coming back. If I were them I'd be NFL bound. That's the dream.

Recent Threads

Back