2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

Transfer updates from On3...

- Texas remains the favorite to land UTSA DE Trey Moore

- Texas A&M WR Evan Stewart is reportedly most interested in development for the NFL as opposed to more NIL money, but Alabama and Texas are not surefire options or even likely to happen. Oregon and USC will be in the mix, and Tennessee should be making a push.

Transfer updates from On3...

- Texas remains the favorite to land UTSA DE Trey Moore

- Texas A&M WR Evan Stewart is reportedly most interested in development for the NFL as opposed to more NIL money, but Alabama and Texas are not surefire options or even likely to happen. Oregon and USC will be in the mix, and Tennessee should be making a push.
I forgot about Trey Moore after yesterday‘s excitement. We should pass on Stewart.

I trust the coaches on Stewart. While he is certainly talented and Sark wanted him out of hs, Sark will not take a risk on taking someone that won't fit well mentally in the program. If its about development for the NFL, Sark is constantly talking about improving players in areas that they need to be successful at the next level.

I trust the coaches on Stewart. While he is certainly talented and Sark wanted him out of hs, Sark will not take a risk on taking someone that won't fit well mentally in the program. If its about development for the NFL, Sark is constantly talking about improving players in areas that they need to be successful at the next level.
Exactly!

Sorry to hear that about Casey. Always liked him but I did not know the last injury was that serious. Imo he’s really pulling at straws now.

I read somewhere this morning that Moore was thought to be a strong Texas lean, but you never know in recruiting. I hope he comes to Austin.

upload_2023-12-23_10-18-43.png

I get the sense that Trey Moore is shopping for dollars. I also suspect that Sark doesn’t appreciate the ambiguity. After all, “dream school,” proximity… Starting to feel like BS.

Bet he’s going to Tuscaloosa, and that we are more than OK to move along.

Quite the contrary. Don't see $$ as the motivating factor. Sark is willing to wait this one out.
A Texan living 70 miles from UT - Pros and Cons.
Alabama is a perennial contender. Alabama is probably hyping him as their replacement for Dallas Turner (public enemy #1 from last year). Alabama has a history of developing talent on the DL that puts them into the NFL.
Texas is in the CFB Playoff. Texas looks to be back. Austin is in his parent's backyard. Texas is looking for a sack artist to start next season.

Hard choice. We can only hope he wants to stay close to home.

I can’t believe I am actually saying this given our all-too-recent inability to get an edge rush. But,,,we have a lot of potential stars in that area. I needn’t point out there are only two DE/edge players per down. Often, one spot is filled by a heavier, more DL looking guy to protect against a passing down run. Think Bill Atessis or Orakpo. We just are bringing in a solid stud in Collin Simmons. Burke has been impressive. Vacek needed and got a year to beef up. Look at the depth chart. If we bring in another, better?, player you can bet on losing one or more Edge players to portal in the spring. That may or may not be a bad thing. It is squad/team management in the NIL, transfer world of 2023. Only Sark and PK have a real grasp on development status within our current roster. If you remember, Jalen Ford was 3* and two years ago a transfer fear for lack of sure starter status. We have a couple of out of state DEs on the roster who were big ‘gets’ a year ago or so. Some may have flat lined or are adding bulk and near to starter status. Personally, I strongly prefer developing players internally vs plug and play transfers. It builds confidence in developing players and loyalty. Having invested the development time in Ford (and Overshown for that matter- he came in as a safety) has paid big dividends. Surely, you take big upgrades, but take into account secondary losses thereto.

I can’t believe I am actually saying this given our all-too-recent inability to get an edge rush. But,,,we have a lot of potential stars in that area. I needn’t point out there are only two DE/edge players per down. Often, one spot is filled by a heavier, more DL looking guy to protect against a passing down run. Think Bill Atessis or Orakpo. We just are bringing in a solid stud in Collin Simmons. Burke has been impressive. Vacek needed and got a year to beef up. Look at the depth chart. If we bring in another, better?, player you can bet on losing one or more Edge players to portal in the spring. That may or may not be a bad thing. It is squad/team management in the NIL, transfer world of 2023. Only Sark and PK have a real grasp on development status within our current roster. If you remember, Jalen Ford was 3* and two years ago a transfer fear for lack of sure starter status. We have a couple of out of state DEs on the roster who were big ‘gets’ a year ago or so. Some may have flat lined or are adding bulk and near to starter status. Personally, I strongly prefer developing players internally vs plug and play transfers. It builds confidence in developing players and loyalty. Having invested the development time in Ford (and Overshown for that matter- he came in as a safety) has paid big dividends. Surely, you take big upgrades, but take into account secondary losses thereto.
I’m not worried since we play so many. And Burke and Vasek aren’t going anywhere

Recent Threads

Back