2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

I couldn't disagree more. These are young athletes who have to look at their future. IF others at a school are getting significantly more playing time then why not see if another school works better?
Creek do you expect Sark or Terry etc to play everyone the same amount of time?

The arrival of Moore would probably mark the portalling of one (or more) of the remaining edge guys. It won't be Burke or Sorrell, but it could be any of the others. It also shows that when you have an opportunity for someone great (i.e. Mitchell from this season), you take them regardless of the feelings it hurts (we lost Neyor, Cain, Alexis, and Thompson since the day AD signed). Even if it's considered a "rental" in the end, you still take that risk.

Moore would be unique among difference-makers in UT defensive end history. His size is closer to Sergio Kindle than any others in recent memory. But he can drop back better, too. He's kind of a Micah Parsons type.
Well that would only leave Finley or Tapp, who both got plenty of playing time at edge.
And I can’t see Walton, Akana or Vasek leaving due to all are true frosh and putting in the time in the weight room and speed drills.
I am hearing Walton is a beast in training and Vasek is still healing from an injury.
So unless one gets homesick, none on my radar to leave.

Well that would only leave Finley or Tapp, who both got plenty of playing time at edge.
And I can’t see Walton, Akana or Vasek leaving due to all are true frosh and putting in the time in the weight room and speed drills.
I am hearing Walton is a beast in training and Vasek is still healing from an injury.
So unless one gets homesick, none on my radar to leave.
“Finkley” not Finley. Sorry.

cnd, any opinion on this one? I find it interesting that he has gone public one day before NSD. Sign our commits, then grab an immediate difference-maker? Then again, perhaps Sark prefers to stay away from Aggie transfers…? Or, could this have been in the works?

Nahlin at IT mentioned at first check he doesn't expect Texas to pursue, even if you see Texas mentioned.

A little bit after that he said he was less certain that was the case, so maybe Texas will kick the tires. This is going to be NIL heavy....

Was there not talk that the Juice Wells did not visit because of Golden. Could it not be because Evan Stewart?

More on WR Evan Stewart from IT...

They checked with a DFW source and they said WR Johntay Cook II would have no problem with Stewart joining the team, and implied he's likely recruiting him to Texas.

Cook actually posted a picture of him and Stewart together this afternoon, and promptly deleted it.

They also said Sark has a good feel for this recruitment and knows the team wouldn't mind bringing him in.

Was there not talk that the Juice Wells did not visit because of Golden. Could it not be because Evan Stewart?

Wells knows we want 2 WR's from the portal. So Golden should not have been a surprise. But things are fading with Wells.

Perhaps this has already been covered but what happens if portal babies are currently on NC playoff teams, or Bowl teams for that matter, and commit to another team prior to the respective bowl or NC game? Can they still participate and if not, can they receive recognition and or a ring from the win of the bowl or NC game? I assume they could claim to be a member until the next school semester and demand the recognition of the win. Having been a member of a NC team will only get bigger over the years.
Not likely to happen, but it is time for the NCAA to establish mandates for how the Portal can work before it blows up in their face, I know there will be a plethora of different team reactions to their players entering the portal but I would be a “see ya latter” guy and no mention of the player would be on anything about the last game. It seems to me that announcing consideration for the portal prion to bowl games is one thing, but committing to another school should have a window that starts after bowl games in Jan, But I am just old school.

USC fans certainly have a right to be disappointed in Riley - he hasn't delivered the results they wanted (and expected).

But were those higher expectations based on a realistic evaluation of Riley's record? He is at USC what he was at BlowU - A coach: 1. living off talented QB transfers into the program. 2. running a video game offense that racks up lots of points. 3. fielding a piss poor, after-thought defense (even with the same DC - Grinch) that chokes games away. He screws up defenses like he screw up good brisket. 4. losing big games on the big stage. Under Riley, USC is BlowU 2.0. :hookem:

Speaking of UTSA’s Trey Moore, they are playing tonight at 8:00 in the Scooter's Coffee Frisco Bowl vs. Marshall. I’m going to tune in and check him out.

Perhaps this has already been covered but what happens if portal babies are currently on NC playoff teams, or Bowl teams for that matter, and commit to another team prior to the respective bowl or NC game? Can they still participate and if not, can they receive recognition and or a ring from the win of the bowl or NC game? I assume they could claim to be a member until the next school semester and demand the recognition of the win. Having been a member of a NC team will only get bigger over the years.
Not likely to happen, but it is time for the NCAA to establish mandates for how the Portal can work before it blows up in their face, I know there will be a plethora of different team reactions to their players entering the portal but I would be a “see ya latter” guy and no mention of the player would be on anything about the last game. It seems to me that announcing consideration for the portal prion to bowl games is one thing, but committing to another school should have a window that starts after bowl games in Jan, But I am just old school.
Screw the NCAA. They couldnt arbitrate a pillow fight.
If/when a player decides to leave his school, i.e. abandon his teammates, he no longer has any affiliation with that former team. Period. At some point, this one, everybody must become accountable for their decisions. Any notion of some pitch-till-you-win BS has to stop. You are either in/part of the team, or out/on my own. When you can claim credit for team and live the for me life, all order collapses. You are either with us or against us. Period.

I couldn't disagree more. These are young athletes who have to look at their future. IF others at a school are getting significantly more playing time then why not see if another school works better?
Creek do you expect Sark or Terry etc to play everyone the same amount of time?

You can play more somewhere else or be a Longhorn for life and provide much needed depth. I’d do the latter, I view the TCU TE Wiley, a TCU guy now. Legacy is important.
If Sark tells them to hit the road that would be different.

When you bleed on one another a bond greater than ‘playing time elsewhere’ develops. Or it doesnt. It is like Christianity. It is either in your heart or it isnt. Saying it is so does not make it so. T-Ring wearers dont need to prove anything. We had players leave the practice field, most days, never to be heard from again. There is no powder-puff or woke version of that reality. There is an honor of wearing burnt orange that transcends normal things. Nothing greater on earth.

Recent Threads

Back