2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

I'm all about the Edge, Trey Moore. I'm stoked we got Safety and WR transfers.

I feel like we need a CB and beef (both sides) though still. Where are we with those positions? The Georgia CBs? Multiple DLs?

The arrival of Moore would probably mark the portalling of one (or more) of the remaining edge guys. It won't be Burke or Sorrell, but it could be any of the others. It also shows that when you have an opportunity for someone great (i.e. Mitchell from this season), you take them regardless of the feelings it hurts (we lost Neyor, Cain, Alexis, and Thompson since the day AD signed). Even if it's considered a "rental" in the end, you still take that risk.

Moore would be unique among difference-makers in UT defensive end history. His size is closer to Sergio Kindle than any others in recent memory. But he can drop back better, too. He's kind of a Micah Parsons type.

The arrival of Moore would probably mark the portalling of one (or more) of the remaining edge guys. It won't be Burke or Sorrell, but it could be any of the others. It also shows that when you have an opportunity for someone great (i.e. Mitchell from this season), you take them regardless of the feelings it hurts (we lost Neyor, Cain, Alexis, and Thompson since the day AD signed). Even if it's considered a "rental" in the end, you still take that risk.

Moore would be unique among difference-makers in UT defensive end history. His size is closer to Sergio Kindle than any others in recent memory. But he can drop back better, too. He's kind of a Micah Parsons type.
Vasek won’t transfer

Vasek won’t transfer

On the surface ID say no. If you remember he was really torn between staying home and going out of state. If he feels he is getting portaled over , it wouldn't be a shock If he himself portaled out.

Last edited:
Where Overton is concerned, my first thought was "if you can't beat, join em", then I realized he would have to play for a different SEC team every week.

On the surface ID say no. If you remember he was really torn between staying home and going out of state. If he feels he is getting portaled over , it wouldn't be a shock If he himself portaled out.
For one year of eligibility by Moore? That wouldn’t make sense.

For one year of eligibility by Moore? That wouldn’t make sense.

Moore would have two years, unless you're saying he's going to the NFL after a year with Texas.

I was aiming my comment at Vasek, although probably a hair more for Tapp. There are plenty of places he could go and start immediately. I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that Walton and Simmons are being anointed with the "edge in waiting" position, or even better than that, with Finkley still getting some serious reps and Umeozulu definitely in the mix beyond 2024. If Vasek is in the picture, we'll need to see him used a TON in the Spring.

We got another. Check the '25 board.

We now have a commit from Alabama, Georgia...and Florida.
No Texans yet.

Recent Threads

Back