2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

mc,

Heads have needed to roll in San Antonio for years. Everyone of those worthless, arrogant ******** involved in ousting Richard should get a summer vacation in Anahuac. If it wasn't for him, they would still be a community college with NO football team. He took a sleepy little community college and turned it into a large destination university. I called over there right after it happened and requested they deliver a message to him or tell me how to get in touch with him. The guy (not sure about that because the son of a ***** has no balls) yelled into the phone, "call 411, we aren't the phone company".
Agree...what happened to Ricardo was beyond a travesty. He was one of the most outstanding University Presidents in the country & was run out of his job only a few months before his planned retirement because he was "too friendly". UTSA & The UT System BOR really screwed the pooch on this one.

Just a feeling that Texas is not in a hurry with the kids that are portaling, and that we’re going to have pretty much the pick of the litter. I also wonder about our level of interest in the players from College Station. Those kids were all bought and paid for. Do we really want those kind of players on our team?

Plus, they may need to be de-programmed by being at the College Station compound too long.

The Frosh and Sophs are 18 and 19 years old. They don't need no stinking advice. They know it all.
Yep, and the adults in the room get a little dumber every day. Assuming a Texas NC in the next couple of years. being a member of the team is something that you take to your grave. The ring is a never-ending source of conversation. Hopping from team to team can end a career and is admitting that you can't compete. Back in the dark ages I was going to quit my high school team because I was on the bench with no playing time. My Dad set me down and talked to me and I stayed, went to first team and have been grateful ever since. Quitting is easy.

There are sometimes good reasons and maybe a coach is recommending a move, but the weeks before a NC run? I think I would want that on my resume for all to see. But then again, I do not have the wisdom of an 18 year-old.

?

Last edited:
Per 247, UTSA DE Trey Moore will visit Texas this weekend.

It's the only visit he plans on taking.

Neyor portals from Wyoming to Horns for 1 year
and now is in portal Again?
Did coaches make a mistake taking him last year??

Neyor portals from Wyoming to Horns for 1 year
and now is in portal Again?
Did coaches make a mistake taking him last year??
He was here for 2 years. He was injured last year, which really hurt the team, likely cost us 2 games.

He was here for 2 years. He was injured last year, which really hurt the team, likely cost us 2 games.
Apparently this was a case where the injured knee never was the same. Good luck to him in the future.
Now we definitely need reinforcements from the portal at WR.

Per IT, South Carolina WR Juice Wells is no longer visiting Texas this weekend.

He's a possibility for next weekend, but even that's not certain.

They emphasized Texas fans' need for patience because the staff doesn't want to do anything to disrupt team culture, plus they understand they have a lot to sell and can afford to be selective.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back