2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

Somebody may have said this already, but once a kid enters the portal, can they go back to their original school or is it a burned bridge?

Somebody may have said this already, but once a kid enters the portal, can they go back to their original school or is it a burned bridge?

Yes, but it's up to the coach. Most coaches tell them up front if you enter the portal there's no coming back, because that means they don't believe in what they're trying to leave.

Sark's policy is if you enter the portal you are no longer on the team and of course lose the scholarship.
How many of the 3,000 will end up with no offers?

Last edited:
If already posted, apologies--from espn.com--
"Texas A&M defensive tackle Walter Nolen, the No. 1 prospect in the 2022 class, entered the transfer portal Wednesday. Nolen is one of four former top recruits for the Aggies to enter the portal Wednesday, joining former five-star defensive end L.T. Overton, the No. 6 prospect in the 2022 class; offensive lineman Chase Bisontis, the No. 61 recruit overall in 2023; and former ESPN 300 tight end Jake Johnson."

If already posted, apologies--from espn.com--
"Texas A&M defensive tackle Walter Nolen, the No. 1 prospect in the 2022 class, entered the transfer portal Wednesday. Nolen is one of four former top recruits for the Aggies to enter the portal Wednesday, joining former five-star defensive end L.T. Overton, the No. 6 prospect in the 2022 class; offensive lineman Chase Bisontis, the No. 61 recruit overall in 2023; and former ESPN 300 tight end Jake Johnson."

"Per 247, Coach Davis reached out to Texas A&M DT Walter Nolen today.

His father mentioned it was to say Texas would love to have him."

This is a game they are playing. Nothing would make aggy more pissed then Nolan to go to Texas. Announce Texas is in contact get more money from aggy to stay....Elko apparently is still trying to get him to return and would allow it.. Elko is a dead man walking already.. Terrible culture already.... SO aggy.

Blue committed to Texas as either a sophomore or junior, then quit his HS team. The school made a commitment to him, and he made a commitment to the school. Both honored that commitment. Klein Cain is a different story.

I thought he would have a chance to see the field next year.
Ryan Wingo, Deandre Moore, Parker Livingstone, Johntay
Sark's policy is if you enter the portal you are no longer on the team and of course lose the scholarship.
How many of the 3,000 will end up with no offers?
ive used this analogy before, but the right thing to do is wish the window shopping players well, but adios .
If I got on Tinder to gauge interests or to increase my NIL value at home as a ploy, I have a zero chance that I could rejoin my current team.

Only I don’t think I would leave with well wishes or the opportunity to hang around to see the CFP.

Ryan Wingo, Deandre Moore, Parker Livingstone, Johntay

With only Cook getting a few plays out of that whole group we will definitely need to get at least three top rated portals in my opinion.
Especially if we lose Worthy and AD early along senior JWitt.

I believe Sark is suspending his declare and adios rule so players can experience the CFP and possibly a NC.
That Sark is solid and class move.
If I'm not mistaken (and I often am) the person (Goram-Welch?) that will be playing is actually graduating this year. He enters the portal as a graduate transfer. It might just be me but this guy graduated. He's not leaving "early".

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back