We have tons of under developed talent that would have been capable of making it to Omaha this year. He wouldn't be starting from scratch.

Also, sometimes money isn't the only motivator.

By the looks of it, Schloss would have less work cut out for him in CS.

Last edited:
Well, I am disappointed that my guy did not get it done, but I trust CDC to make it all work out.

Your guy made a very classy statement to the media - wish him success with whatever he does next. CDC has a sparkling record with making coaching hires, so I'm trusting him as well.

CDC doesn’t act unless he has a replacement lined up. Expect something in next 24-48 hours. If not something fell apart that was already in place because CDC’s history is line up replacement then fire current coach.

You can't underestimate the weirdness factor of the aggy cult nor the hellscape that is Collie Station. Any normal person would be be dying to get out of there. And Schloss has been doctoring the uniforms there to either look like us (T on the hats) or completely different (red, white and blue). He probably hates having to put on that ugly-*** maroon uniform himself every day. :smile1:

Last edited:
You can't underestimate the weirdness factor of the aggy cult nor the hellscape that is Collie Station. Any normal person would be be dying to get out of there. And Scholoss has been doctoring the uniforms there to either look like us (T on the hats) or completely different (red, white and blue). He probably hates having to put on that ugly-*** moron uniform himself every day. :smile1:

You spelled it wrong - fixed it for you...

Pierce had two years remaining on his contract...An ugly incident with one of his pitchers after Texas’ early exit from the Big 12 Tournament in Arlington led to Pierce’s visit before the school’s Human Resources department and likely sealed his fate. It was uncertain if Texas planned to fire him for cause over that altercation. He was entitled to 70% of his existing contract so Texas would be obligated to pay him about $1.68 million.
This is from a Houston Chronicle article (paywall warning). Anybody know anything about the "ugly incident" with one of our pitchers? Sounds like Pierce made it easy for CDC to fire him now instead of waiting for the inevitable disaster in our first SEC season.

Last edited:
Wow, I’m just now seeing this. Not surprised. Better now than after a wasted year next year where he may not even be at .500.

New coach needs to get in here quick to work the portal, we need way too much help.

I guess the clock stopped for Pierce but good luck to him.

Ags head might explode if the Schlozz leaves but I think that Max Weiner kid could quickly get them to forget. Kid seems like a good candidate for a head coach at a quality school. Same route Vitello took. :idk:

I’ve never understood how A&M wasn’t at least 2nd best in baseball in the state of Texas. Just need the right coach.

WRT the 'aggie stink' baggage for Schloss - he's so good even a$m couldn't aggie it up enough to stop him from getting to the championship game.

This is from a Houston Chronicle article (paywall warning). Anybody know anything about the "ugly incident" with one of our pitchers? Sounds like Pierce made it easy for CDC to fire him now instead of waiting for the inevitable disaster in our first SEC season.

I don't know about that one, but I was convinced Pierce was finished when he got into it with a fan after getting destroyed by UTRGV. I was literally standing between him and the fan yelling at each other thinking a Texas coach has to be above all that.

upload_2024-6-24_14-14-50.png

Hamilton at OTF started a thread with this picture, so seems CDC got his man.

IT expects a decision by Wednesday.

upload_2024-6-24_14-26-30.png

Stealing a head coach from your bitter rival after they play for their first men's national title in a major team sport since 1939.
This would be a total gangster move, like something Michael Corleone would do. If it happens, te salute, Don Del Conte...

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back