Trump!!!

The thread has become the Mr. Deez and Seattle Husker take turns blowing each other thread. I'm out.

Not only do we not blow each other, we frequently disagree on issues like abortion, gays, and some nuances on immigration policy. I'm socially more conservative and more nationalistic than he is, and I'm more hostile to the Clintons than he is. In fact ideologically, I'm closer to you than I am to Seattle Husker. So why don't I high-five you and tell him to **** off? Basically because I'm not an *******.

Phil Elliot is the gift that keeps on giving. He's a great example of the "us vs. them" mentality and can't remotely understand that people can find common ground on some issues while disagreeing on others. This is where the rightwing media has polarized the conservative movement to the point that they look at anyone left of them as the enemy. Fortunately, the leftwing nuts and extreme left media is more silo'ed.

Do you want someone as President who doesn't understand the need for basic security for classified materials? Also, once caught red handed with misuse of classified materials she lies about it, then denies, then obfuscates, repeatedly and not necessarily in that order?

50%+ of the Democrats seem not to care about it. Why is that?

If you're talking to me, no I don't. If the alternative is Trump or Cruz I'll be forced to accept the character issues that don't impact me vs. a Reality TV star or an ideologue that would potentially negatively impact my view of the direction of the country.

In the end, do you think an HRC Presidency would be much different than Bill Clinton? I don't. I'd still rather not vote for her which is why I've publically stated my support for the more moderate R candidates.

Trump graduated from an Ivy League University. He has made billions of dollars.(and lost billions of dollars in there too with some of his businesses)

He is quite Liberal for a Republican. 20%+ of the Democrats, reportedly, will vote for him.

Compared to Hillary there is no contest in my book when it comes time to vote Trump vs Hillary. Trump will be the choice.

It will be interesting to see if Cruz is his running mate how that affects the Hispanic vote.

I've said all along this is the "R" election to lose. They have the wind at their back. I don't for a moment believe that Trump wants to be President for anything other than his own narcissistic reasons. He's playing to the "R" crowd now simply as a means to the nomination.

I'm saying I would choose a redux of the Bill Clinton legacy over a bombastic blowhard.

I'll break with SH here. I don't like Trump, but under no circumstances will I vote for Hillary Clinton. She is the queen of sleaze. If the race is Trump v. HRC, I will vote third party. If the nominee is Cruz, I'll reluctantly vote for him but with little expectation that he can actually win the Presidency.

3rd party? That simply assures 1 of the 2 candidates we both dislike gets in.

So does voting for one of the major candidates. If it's Trump v. HRC, then I'll have to deal with the fact that we're going to have a miserable human being in the White House regardless. The only priority I'll have left is preserving my own integrity, and I just can't dirty myself by voting for HRC or Trump. I'd be afraid I'd catch a disease.

Wow SH, I am surprised at your belief HRC would have no negative impact on you were she elected POTUS.

In relation to Trump? For all the moral challenges that Bill Clinton had, his tenure of POTUS had an overall positive impact outside of the repeal of the Glass-Steegal act which set the stage of many of our banking interest challenges.

Got it, good vs the bad. One must provide a scale, and for Clinton the economy out balanced lack of any morals from our nations leader. I despised the man but agree there were some accomplishments. For Hillary I fear her morals, or rather lack thereof, would have greater consequence than a loose definition of what was and/or wasn't sex.

Got it, good vs the bad. One must provide a scale, and for Clinton the economy out balanced lack of any morals from our nations leader. I despised the man but agree there were some accomplishments. For Hillary I fear her morals, or rather lack thereof, would have greater consequence than a loose definition of what was and/or wasn't sex.

Sadly, we've had plenty of morally challenged Presidents. In very few instances can you point to recent examples of those challenges impacting Americans writ large. Now, policy is another matter which is why I'm not willing to take a leap of faith for Trump when I know HRC's track record if we can agree that Billy boy is good example.

With all that said, please please please come to your senses and nominate a sensible R. Kasich, Christie or maybe Rubio would all apply. Smarmy ideologues like Cruz and vapid blowhards like Trump send me running for the hills. Seriously, my wife said we should move to Canada if Trump is elected POTUS. Given I live so close and work for a global company with generous work from home options I'm tempted.

The Pensacola crowd today

CYpdM7PUoAARyV3.jpg

Pull any politicians stump speech and you'll find it packed with promises that won't come true. I remember Rommney during the last election and theorized that if he could get elected and keep his promises, he'd be the best president since Lincoln, or maybe ever.

You will enjoy this one

Wait, a proposal that has yet to make it through the political process of becoming a bill is suddenly a "broken promise"? You do realize we have a 2-party political system, right?

It's laughable that on one hand the right claims the D Presidents act like Kings when they leverage executive orders then on the other produces drivel like this when they don't have the power of a King. It challenges your credibility and more important highlights the hypocrisy.

I'd say the same thing to any liberal sites that hypothetically would call Cruz a lier if he wasn't able to get his Flat Tax idea passed if he were to be the next POTUS.

These are all ideas. Now, if Obama states them in a SOTUS then never remotely introduces them in a budget or other proposal with the intent of enacting them you'd have grounds for criticism. Does that video show that? Not remotely but I'm sure it runs chills up the spine of a partisan political junkie from the right.

I can tell you are stubborn but even you should be able to admit contradicting yourself like that is funny

Last edited:

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back