Trouble in Paradise?

Looks like the AAC or Sun Belt would fit them better.
Well .. to put a slightly less negative spin on it...SMU doesn't suck as bad as most of the teams on A&Ms non conference schedule. I mean sure the Aggie may every now and then schedule an Appalachian State, but mostly they take bottom quartile on Non Power 5 to visit Collie Station.

The only thing in this fiasco that has been handled correctly is Bjork told Stoops that BOR said NO! That allowed Stoops to "refuse" the job and stay at Kentucky. The rest of the **** show can't be cleaned up by Roto Router.

So the Aggies fired a 7-5 coach in the SEC for a 7-5 coach in the ACC?
Aggies jokes write themselves.

THERE ARE SOME REASONABLE AGGIES OU THERE. HERE IS ONES POST.

seriously?

Ive followed A&M football for not as long as some on this board but longer than many..since the mid 80's

seen alot of ups and unfortunately more downs

Very well know I don't possess a set of maroon colored glasses. I call like I see it and don't have blinders on. Many believe im a baylor or sip imposter due to that ( and thats fine lol)

But here was are towards the end of the 2023 season.
About to hire our 6th head coach since 2002 and its the same story year in and year out , rinse and repeat.
We are an mediocre football program that is due one really good season about once every 10 years or so.
We have not won a conference title in 25 years, have not won a national championship since 193 freaking 9
We have had one 10+ win season in the last 26 years!

In the last 22 years our overall record is 160-112
Our conference record is 89-88, we have been middle pack to lower level in two conferences during that time
Our non conference P5 record is 14-22
Our non conference record vs non P5 teams is 57-2

Thats our program, thats it....all smoke and mirrors and hidden behind a 57-2 non conference record vs
Louisiana Tech
Louisiana Monroe
Louisiana Lafayette
Arkansas State
Wyoming
SMU
Texas State
The Citadel
Army
Montana State
Fresno State
New Mexico
New Mexico State
Utah State
UAB
SFA
Florida International
Idaho
South Carolina State
Rice
Sam Houston State
UTEP
Lamar
Ball State
Nevada
Western Carolina
UTSA
Prairie View A&M
Nichols
Northwestern State
Kent State
App State
UMASS

Take away the wins vs those schools and Texas A&M is 103-112 over the last 22 years in football under 5 head coaches!

We have had money for a long time, we have had good facilities for a long time. We have had university and former student support for a long time..the pieces have been in place for awhile

Do you honestly believe a new coach will change anything?

Because again we are about to hire our 6th head coach in 23 years and nothing has changed expect the dates on the calendar.
We had a slam dunk hire on paper in Dennis Franchione, stole Alabama's coach big time move and it flopped.
We hired the strict NFL guy who could develop our offensive line , would hire a great staff and be able to recruit and it flopped.
We hired the flashy up and comer that would bring energy and excitement to our program and it flopped.
We hired a proven national championship coach, stole him from Florida State, big time again and gave him the biggest contract in college football history and he would coach in a half a billion dollar stadium and it flopped

"Get your licks in Now"
"We run this state"
"It aint gonna be like it used to be"

Texas A&M football is on loop replay and I dont think it will ever change........

Why do you think this time will be different?

It’s harder to win at Kentucky than Duke because of the SEC…The timeline says Stoops turned down the job. Not that it was pulled. I bet Bob told him to avoid it and wait for Florida or somewhere better.
The Aggies would rather have a 7-5 ACC coach then a 7-5 SEC coach( Jimbo or Stoops?) Good Aggie logic.
Kentucky and Stoops beat Louisville and Louisville beat Elko and Duke 23-0, so apparently the Aggies are happier with Elko? More Aggie logic.
The problem Elko will find is that he now has to deal with NIL athletes vs over achievers at Duke.

I think it will be another fail. With the highest NIL money in the NCAA, apparently Aggies got turned down by all the top coaches, for their toxic culture, fan base, and Aggie ways.
Elmo’s first loss and Aggies will be bringing the heat..

THERE ARE SOME REASONABLE AGGIES OU THERE. HERE IS ONES POST.

seriously?

Ive followed A&M football for not as long as some on this board but longer than many..since the mid 80's

seen alot of ups and unfortunately more downs

Very well know I don't possess a set of maroon colored glasses. I call like I see it and don't have blinders on. Many believe im a baylor or sip imposter due to that ( and thats fine lol)

But here was are towards the end of the 2023 season.
About to hire our 6th head coach since 2002 and its the same story year in and year out , rinse and repeat.
We are an mediocre football program that is due one really good season about once every 10 years or so.
We have not won a conference title in 25 years, have not won a national championship since 193 freaking 9
We have had one 10+ win season in the last 26 years!

In the last 22 years our overall record is 160-112
Our conference record is 89-88, we have been middle pack to lower level in two conferences during that time
Our non conference P5 record is 14-22
Our non conference record vs non P5 teams is 57-2

Thats our program, thats it....all smoke and mirrors and hidden behind a 57-2 non conference record vs
Louisiana Tech
Louisiana Monroe
Louisiana Lafayette
Arkansas State
Wyoming
SMU
Texas State
The Citadel
Army
Montana State
Fresno State
New Mexico
New Mexico State
Utah State
UAB
SFA
Florida International
Idaho
South Carolina State
Rice
Sam Houston State
UTEP
Lamar
Ball State
Nevada
Western Carolina
UTSA
Prairie View A&M
Nichols
Northwestern State
Kent State
App State
UMASS

Take away the wins vs those schools and Texas A&M is 103-112 over the last 22 years in football under 5 head coaches!

We have had money for a long time, we have had good facilities for a long time. We have had university and former student support for a long time..the pieces have been in place for awhile

Do you honestly believe a new coach will change anything?

Because again we are about to hire our 6th head coach in 23 years and nothing has changed expect the dates on the calendar.
We had a slam dunk hire on paper in Dennis Franchione, stole Alabama's coach big time move and it flopped.
We hired the strict NFL guy who could develop our offensive line , would hire a great staff and be able to recruit and it flopped.
We hired the flashy up and comer that would bring energy and excitement to our program and it flopped.
We hired a proven national championship coach, stole him from Florida State, big time again and gave him the biggest contract in college football history and he would coach in a half a billion dollar stadium and it flopped

"Get your licks in Now"
"We run this state"
"It aint gonna be like it used to be"

Texas A&M football is on loop replay and I dont think it will ever change........

Why do you think this time will be different?
After I was able to get through all the grammatical errors, he was spot on.

The problem with the Jimbo contract was there was no incentive for him to excel since his whole contract was guaranteed even if fired.

Seriously, why would you push yourself to be the best when you know that if they fire you that you are guaranteed everything that they owe you?

I spent a part of my life as an inmate in College Station. I was an IT Tech for GTE working on banking systems.

The dilemma described above is not far from the mark.

They really believe this stuff. I cannot fathom that someone spoke the truth. Are they Real Agggy? o

Anybody see what Captain Obvious had to say?

405381614_7242338209150910_8657002684968612963_n.jpg

Back