This Is Sooner Football

One Two Three

That’s all the points that Sooner football can put up on the scoreboard against the Texas Longhorns.

OU Sucks.
OU is the ONLY team to have the lead against us this year...3 points. If that were aggy, that would be sufficient evidence (in their minds) for them to be ranked #1.

Who do you think the land thieves will target as their next head coach? If there are two things we know about them: (1) ou sucks and (2) they will not stick with a coach that is consistently getting blown out by Texas (not to mention the fact that they will probably have 5 losses this year). Kiffen would be their pipe dream, but he will probably be at Florida before then.

Last edited:
I suspect Venables will have one chance to replace his OC before it's his own head on the chopping block.
Sangre, you're right. Venables has roots with ou from his time under Stoops (even though slightly tainted), and he is a very fine defensive mind. He has recruited well, so there's no reason to toss him aside yet - give him a decent OC and some time to recruit offensive players.

Honest and brutal assessment of okie.
It really was brutal and honest. They didn't pull any punches when they highlighted the ineptitude of the Osoner offense. And they hit a key point - it's mid-season, and the offense still doesn't have an identity. I'm wondering if they wait much longer before making changes to the Offense coaching staff.

Sangre, you're right. Venables has roots with ou from his time under Stoops (even though slightly tainted), and he is a very fine defensive mind. He has recruited well, so there's no reason to toss him aside yet - give him a decent OC and some time to recruit offensive players.

He'll get his 4 years. He has too much history there. By all accounts he has not lost the team.

The people grumbling are fans.
No differant than fans /posters on this board questioning all the way to the end of year 2 if Sark was the right hire.

Last edited:
He'll het his 4 years. He has too much history there. By all accounts he has not lost the team.

The people grumbling are fans.
No differant than fans /posters on this board questioning all the way to the end of year 2 if Sark was the right hire.
Yeah, the grumbling didn't stop until several weeks after the OU game last year. That loss gave the grumblers and pessimists one last gasp.

Some people still probably think Strong should have been given more time.

It's perfectly normal for even good fans to start to become pessimistic after 2010. There is nothing wrong with that.

The biggest question among the Sooners is who goes first - school prez or Venables. If they have any smarts (that's not really debatable) they won't let the prez have any say in the replacement. As for Kiffin, I'll be surprised if he considers Florida, but he might be wavering on Tuscaloosa, which would put Gainesville in play.

I didn't see or talk to a Sooner fan this weekend that doesn't want Venables gone, but as someone already posted, those are fans with tickets, not $ooner$.

The biggest question among the Sooners is who goes first - school prez or Venables. If they have any smarts (that's not really debatable) they won't let the prez have any say in the replacement. As for Kiffin, I'll be surprised if he considers Florida, but he might be wavering on Tuscaloosa, which would put Gainesville in play.

I didn't see or talk to a Sooner fan this weekend that doesn't want Venables gone, but as someone already posted, those are fans with tickets, not $ooner$.
The fans that go to the Texas game are the base. Are you day saying that fans want BV gone or not?

Every OU fan I visited with in the Marriott, restaurants, and in Fair Park wanted Venables gone before the game; it was worse after. Now that's maybe a hundred people out of 45,000 at the Fair; hotel was worse - those people were forming a lynch mob.

Additionally, every year we have OU fans sprinkled in sections 106 - 110. This year, there was one lady a couple of rows in front of us, but she was married to a Texas EX.

Littrell may be gone today, but it blows my mid they thought backwards name dude would be better than Gabriel. Venerables deserves to be fired for letting that happen. If he continues doing stupid *&^% like that I hope they keep him for a long time.

Every OU fan I visited with in the Marriott, restaurants, and in Fair Park wanted Venables gone before the game; it was worse after. Now that's maybe a hundred people out of 45,000 at the Fair; hotel was worse - those people were forming a lynch mob.

Additionally, every year we have OU fans sprinkled in sections 106 - 110. This year, there was one lady a couple of rows in front of us, but she was married to a Texas EX.
I've not talked to a soul that thinks he should be gone.

What are your thoughts on Venables? Do you think he is the guy to turn things around?
I think he'll be fine. He's recruiting very well. Classes have been rated #8, #5, #8, #11, and #11. His defense is playing very well. Lebby did well enough to get a SEC head job. His culture building has been very good. He's really only had one significant loss in the transfer portal and it was the OT that Mizzou threw more money at than we thought he should get. I could certainly see that we have a depth issue on the OL. While we have 3 OL from last year's team on NFL rosters we have become too reliant on the portal for OL. The TE room is sad. We have some talented young TE's but they haven't developed. Losing the top 5 receivers has got to be a statistical anomaly. I love Seth Littrell but it looks like that's not going to work out and was a mistake by BV.

Bubba
Sounds like a reasonable assessment. We understand rebuilding. Now please win the rest of your games. Do not want to be linked to loser newcomers to SEC. :mj:

1728919015099.jpeg

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back