This Is Sooner Football

Sorry, Bubba, but we will never agree on Venables. I will always call him a Bo Pelini wannabe. The University of Texas has made hiring mistakes, or should I say the arrogant, ignorant pricks occupying the president's office have made some huge hiring mistakes. OU has made a few, most notably Blake, but I think Venables is a huge mistake. With money running short, there is no room for another mistake. The question will not be "salary amount", but rather who will work for this president. Castiglione is a great guy, and if y'all can him, expect him to be on our payroll within a week, but it seems Joe's hands are tied.

Is this a good drive chart?

1729003889674.png

Sorry, Bubba, but we will never agree on Venables. I will always call him a Bo Pelini wannabe. The University of Texas has made hiring mistakes, or should I say the arrogant, ignorant pricks occupying the president's office have made some huge hiring mistakes. OU has made a few, most notably Blake, but I think Venables is a huge mistake. With money running short, there is no room for another mistake. The question will not be "salary amount", but rather who will work for this president. Castiglione is a great guy, and if y'all can him, expect him to be on our payroll within a week, but it seems Joe's hands are tied.
Joe C. is almost as well thought of as Switzer or Stoops in Oklahoma. Who would suggest canning him? I've heard nothing of that. He's one of the most highly thought of AD's in the nation. Also, I'm unsure of the money problems you're referring to. What am I missing?

Honestly I think we ‘had’ ourselves in the first qtr. Ewers, rusty or whatever, was not himself. He cannot afford to start that way against Ga.
If you get QE off his spot he's not as skilled. He's a little like (don't take offense at this) Baker M. When he's getting the ball out fast he's deadly.

Don’t necessarily disagree but he (Ewers) was more than off his spot. He missed two he normally would hit, heck he didn’t even come close. There have been several’on the move’ completions he has connected on very effectively this year prior to last Saturday.

Fighting with one hand tied behind you is tough.
Not to pick too fine a grammatical nit but this metaphor suggests an unfair disadvantage that is imposed on one party and not the other. An obvious discrepancy in talent and coaching is something different. That’s what we witnessed Saturday.

It was 7-3 with just over 4 minutes left in the 2nd. Fighting with one hand tied behind you is tough.
Bubba, OU was clearly overmatched. Under Riley, they had a great offense, but no defense - reflection of the mindset of the coach. Under Venables, they have built a good (and improving) defense, but the offense has slipped - again a reflection of the mindset of the coach. Brent needs to find the right OC, and the fans need to be patient (not the strong suit of Oklahoma fans or Texas fans!) while recruiting and building occur. No doubt the pile of injuries have hampered the development of the offense. Once again - patience!

Not to pick too fine a grammatical nit but this metaphor suggests an unfair disadvantage that is imposed on one party and not the other. An obvious discrepancy in talent and coaching is something different. That’s what we witnessed Saturday.

Exactly. It's what the Sooners would call "Sooner Magic" when it happens to the other team.

Exactly. It's what the Sooners would call "Sooner Magic" when it happens to the other team.
Magic was in the win against Auburn where Auburn went from driving to make it a two score lead with 4 minutes to go to to trailing by 4 points.

Only trailing 7-3 was quasi magical. The momentum swings in that stadium were on full display.

Magic was in the win against Auburn where Auburn went from driving to make it a two score lead with 4 minutes to go to to trailing by 4 points.

Only trailing 7-3 was quasi magical. The momentum swings in that stadium were on full display.
What is magical is the Charles Jefferson motivation ou has after Texas wrecks your Camaro. Every. Single. Year.

But, the worm has turned. Texas will start reeling off the 3-5 consecutive wins for years to come in this game.

Nice to see you around. :beertoast:

Bubba, OU was clearly overmatched. Under Riley, they had a great offense, but no defense - reflection of the mindset of the coach. Under Venables, they have built a good (and improving) defense, but the offense has slipped - again a reflection of the mindset of the coach. Brent needs to find the right OC, and the fans need to be patient (not the strong suit of Oklahoma fans or Texas fans!) while recruiting and building occur. No doubt the pile of injuries have hampered the development of the offense. Once again - patience!

Patience ? Yes. I'm good wirh them wandering the wilderness for the next 10 years.

It's a disadvantage that is not unfair, it just exists. It relates more to lack of offensive depth to start compounded by offensive staff turnover compounded by significant injuries. The OU team that started the season had a better chance than the one out there last saturday. The one out there saturday had a chance but the stars had to align with turnovers, one team playing loose and above their expectations and the other playing tight and below their expectations (see the 1st quarter). That happens in this game often. That's when they say "throw out the records".

The other half of that advantage/disadvantage relates to the fact that Sark has built an outstanding team (AND it's not easy to type this part) with an outstanding culture. I think that's the difference between him and Strong/Herman.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back