Texas-ULM Game Thread

I was hoping someone would catch the SMB reference. Back in those days there were old church ladies who feared that this song would lead us impressionable teens to rob gas stations. And of course they totally freaked out over the Eagles’ Hotel California.
Did they even understand what Hotel California even meant? Would they have even listened to it when Lawrence Welk was on the tv?

Damn, I’m dating myself

Did they even understand what Hotel California even meant? Would they have even listened to it when Lawrence Welk was on the tv?

Damn, I’m dating myself
If they had teenage kids or grandkids, they probably heard it on the car radio (or emanating from the kid’s room) but most likely they took the word of some moral guardian know-it-all that it was an allegory for satanic worship, blah blah blah

Arch didn’t see a wide open receiver in the middle of the field on that long incomplete pass to wingo
This. It’s happened a couple of times. He probably could have run for a first down as well but he may be encouraged to not run in this game. In any event it feels like he chooses the deep ball when in doubt. Ewers seemed to do this as well his first year as a starter, throwing to Worthy when in doubt.

Good to finally see Arch throw the slant. Hit his receiver in stride!
This is where Ewers thrives…and it’s damn near impossible to defend with the receivers we put out there. Manning will pick this up, too, but it appears that this is very much a learned skill, timing, feel to it that takes reps to get it down to the level that Ewers does it - and he picks you apart like a surgeon.

We have quality depth at just about every position, which is extremely important in this day and age. We rotate consistently everywhere but the o-line.

This. It’s happened a couple of times. He probably could have run for a first down as well but he may be encouraged to not run in this game. In any event it feels like he chooses the deep ball when in doubt. Ewers seemed to do this as well his first year as a starter, throwing to Worthy when in doubt.
He looks for his fav target - Wingo.

aggy 22.5 point favorite over BG.
Final: sheep fornicators 26 BG 20
Missed FG and two other failures in the red zone would have have had BMDs ruining their undies

Recent Threads

Back