Texas-ULM Game Thread

I thought Arch would have a little step back just from having to deal with the media storm and of course, it's his first freaking start. Both interceptions were freshman mistakes and if he puts a little touch on the ball the play before the second one never happens because the play before is a touchdown to Blue wide open down the sideline. It was great to see Quinn firing up the defense and talking to Arch throughout, this team has all the capability to be something special this year and for years to come and we are seeing it in all the little things along with the incredibly solid performance on the field.

I still recall what Jackie did in 1991 to that Longhorn steer to fire up his team and then MSU coming into Austin in 1992 and starting the Mackovic era with a loss so I will be cheering just that little bit more next week as the '99 Cotton Bowl didn't quite remove the taste of those from my mouth.

I hope that, now that AM had a pretty pedestrian game against a poor opponent, we can turn the hype machine down a bit.
Phil, I admire your optimism and humanity. But I must remind you that this is Aggie we’re talking about, the world’s delusional Ground Zero.

More likely, we will learn from the geniuses in College Station that Bowling Green is a dramatically better teams than anyone knew, and that they are likely to
make the playoffs this year.

I thought Arch would have a little step back just from having to deal with the media storm and of course, it's his first freaking start. Both interceptions were freshman mistakes and if he puts a little touch on the ball the play before the second one never happens because the play before is a touchdown to Blue wide open down the sideline. It was great to see Quinn firing up the defense and talking to Arch throughout, this team has all the capability to be something special this year and for years to come and we are seeing it in all the little things along with the incredibly solid performance on the field.

I still recall what Jackie did in 1991 to that Longhorn steer to fire up his team and then MSU coming into Austin in 1992 and starting the Mackovic era with a loss so I will be cheering just that little bit more next week as the '99 Cotton Bowl didn't quite remove the taste of those from my mouth.
I don't know much at all about the finer points of playing football. However, even my inexperienced eye could see that there were at least a couple of very dangerous passes that Arch got away with. I have no doubt that Arch will learn volumes from his performance and have a leap forward as result. I am grateful that he had this opportunity against this opponent rather than get thrown into a conference game with little to no playing time under his belt.

Nahlin of IT seems to be speculating that QE is likely to start Saturday. If so, hopefully it’ll be a short stint.

My perfect scenario is QE gets to knock the rust off (if there is any), and then Arch gets a good amount more live game action.
Sangre, I like your line of thought. Texas should be a heavy favorite next week, so playing Quinn some to "knock the rust off" is a good thought - then get him out of the game to let him rest another week before the game against Zero U. From their loss to Tennesse last night, it's apparent the Osoners can play defense, even though their offense is anemic - the Longhorns can give their offense fits. But the ou defense can probably slow the Texas offense quite a bit, too, and it would be very helpful to have a fully-recovered Quinn available.

Sangre, I like your line of thought. Texas should be a heavy favorite next week, so playing Quinn some to "knock the rust off" is a good thought - then get him out of the game to let him rest another week before the game against Zero U. From their loss to Tennesse last night, it's apparent the Osoners can play defense, even though their offense is anemic - the Longhorns can give their offense fits. But the ou defense can probably slow the Texas offense quite a bit, too, and it would be very helpful to have a fully-recovered Quinn available.
He'll have two weeks, since we get a bye after State.

Phil, I admire your optimism and humanity. But I must remind you that this is Aggie we’re talking about, the world’s delusional Ground Zero.

More likely, we will learn from the geniuses in College Station that Bowling Green is a dramatically better teams than anyone knew, and that they are likely to
make the playoffs this year.
Don't forget channeling TH and claiming that winning is really hard...

Regular YouTube does not carry it. Have to get it via a different source (ESPN+, Fubo, etc). Hard to fathom that the #1 team doesn’t get a slot on a regular channel….

My thoughts exactly... 100 football games on TV this Saturday and the #1 team with massive audience isn't one of them??
Somebody in Athletic Department needs to talk with somebody in the TV Department.

I've been a ESPN+ member for a while now but still.......

My thoughts exactly... 100 football games on TV this Saturday and the #1 team with massive audience isn't one of them??
Somebody in Athletic Department needs to talk with somebody in the TV Department.

I've been a ESPN+ member for a while now but still.......
I watched the game last night in regular YouTube.

On another thought, how long has it been since we’ve had receivers that turn under throws into receptions instead of interceptions or incompletions? We have a tremendous group of receivers.

ULM had 101 yards of total offense at halftime and ended the game with 111 total yards. 10 yards of offense in the second half folks.

While no one will confuse ULM with the second coming of Georgia, that team is not as bad a team as many thought coming in. I'll take a guess and say they win 8 or 9 games this year.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back