Texas - OU Game Thread

Our guys made the plays that mattered that put points in the scoreboard for us and kept the opponent from putting their points on said scoreboard. I would call that “earning the win.”

Brilliant, succinct response from Sark to a comment from Bowman that was practically aggy-esque in terms of inanity and sour grapes.

Now back and somewhat recovered I have to add my 2 cents. What a great game. I absolutely love the RRR, although of course winning makes it awesome. Nothing is like the atmosphere.
But probably because I am now in my senior years I do not think I can take another 2:30 game. Unfortunately I do not rate seats on the west side like Sabre so no shade for me but that’s fine, for once I did have sideline seats and they were great but the vendors running out of water, both east side and end zones - all levels - is unforgivable. There are at least two episodes of people passing out and all too many of us miserable just from lack of hydration. The mass of people entering the gates due to the 2:30 game time vs what I’ve always experienced at the 11:00 am games is night and day. Entrances, at least end zone and East side were unreal in congestion.
I can’t imagine myself missing this game but I cannot imagine enduring this year’s pre-post game experience again either. I’m hoping it goes back to 11:00 unless I can come up with a more accommodating plan. Full disclosure, I did have daughter and grandson for their first time so I did wear myself out getting there earlier and staying later so he could ride some rides, really wore the old grandfolks out. Anyway - hookem, might have nearly killed me but glad I was there.

Oklahoma's Billy Bowman saying Texas didn't earn the win on Saturday.

Yeah right, sore loser....

Remember the scoreboard punk? 34 - 3

UT won and EARNED the game in all 3 phases of the game.

UT Offense scored 34 points (should have been more) with 406 yards on your vaunted D. ou Offense has NO passing game.

UT Defense held the mighty ou Offense to 3 meager points and barely over 200 yards of offense. Your Offense lost 2 fumbles and had well under 200 yards of offense before the last drive. 5 sacks on ou.

UT Special Teams - (outside of your Punter* ) 70 return yards on punts and one return that nearly scored a TD. ou punted 6 times.

*ou Punter was exceptionally better than UT's Punter that day...

Last edited:
On my way out of the fair I was a little surprised to see so many Sooner fans near tears. Not sure it was the loss or the grim reality that they had to go back to mobilehoma.

Surely they did not come with expectations of winning. Get used to it. This team is destined for more bad days.

On my way out of the fair I was a little surprised to see so many Sooner fans near tears. Not sure it was the loss or the grim reality that they had to go back to mobilehoma.

Surely they did not come with expectations of winning. Get used to it. This team is destined for more bad days.
I was staying in the Renaissance hotel in Richardson for a weekend conference. Quite a few game attendees from both sides staying there and quite a few from both schools attending the event i was there for. Most of the sooner fans I talked to were resigned to the fact that they would lose.

UT Offense scored 34 points (should have been more) with 406 yards on your vaunted D. ou Offense has NO passing game.

UT Defense held the mighty ou Offense to 3 meager points and barely over 200 yards of offense. Your Offense lost 2 fumbles and had well under 200 yards of offense before the last drive. 5 sacks on ou.

UT Special Teams - (outside of your Punter* ) 70 return yards on punts and one return that nearly scored a TD. ou punted 6 times.

c9e7b212db2ad4bc6a42a578d67cd877-2.jpg

They have seen the future and it is Nebraska.

Side note: next year will be the 10-year anniversary of the "18-wheeler" game and the last time we beat OU wearing burnt orange.

Unpopular opinion side note: I actually kind of like the 11 am start better as well. Seems like there's so much anticipation leading up to the game, that 2:30 took forever to arrive.

Side note: next year will be the 10-year anniversary of the "18-wheeler" game and the last time we beat OU wearing burnt orange.

Unpopular opinion side note: I actually kind of like the 11 am start better as well. Seems like there's so much anticipation leading up to the game, that 2:30 took forever to arrive.
Wouldn't it be great to have a 20 year run where Texas wins 3-5 games?

Yep, at home, watching on TV, I hate 2:30 and 7-7:30 games.

Now back and somewhat recovered I have to add my 2 cents. What a great game. I absolutely love the RRR, although of course winning makes it awesome. Nothing is like the atmosphere.
But probably because I am now in my senior years I do not think I can take another 2:30 game. Unfortunately I do not rate seats on the west side like Sabre so no shade for me but that’s fine, for once I did have sideline seats and they were great but the vendors running out of water, both east side and end zones - all levels - is unforgivable. There are at least two episodes of people passing out and all too many of us miserable just from lack of hydration. The mass of people entering the gates due to the 2:30 game time vs what I’ve always experienced at the 11:00 am games is night and day. Entrances, at least end zone and East side were unreal in congestion.
I can’t imagine myself missing this game but I cannot imagine enduring this year’s pre-post game experience again either. I’m hoping it goes back to 11:00 unless I can come up with a more accommodating plan. Full disclosure, I did have daughter and grandson for their first time so I did wear myself out getting there earlier and staying later so he could ride some rides, really wore the old grandfolks out. Anyway - hookem, might have nearly killed me but glad I was there.
Totally agree. Before Saturday, I did not appreciate how great the 11:00 am kick time was compared to 230 pm. Everything was more difficult: entering the Fair (45 minutes from curbside to Fair grounds, getting a darn corny dog (45 minutes at least), and getting into the stadium (30 + minutes). I have friends who sat on the West side and told me about fist fight breaking out and dangerous crush of people trying to get into stadium. The game was fabulous, but there is much room for improvement handling the crowd and providing concessions.

Saying irrational shi*t because you hate reality does not make it true. Regardless of how often or how passionate you say it, Aggy is a great example of this coping strategy.

Bad days?

As I re-watched the game on the SEC channel last night, I checked the ou schedule. This 2-4 ou team with no Offensive identity, a Freshman QB, no running game or passing game, average ST's and an above average Defense is in for a very rough ride the rest of the season.

Check these BAD DAYS coming up:

South Carolina
at Ole Miss
Maine
@Missouri
Alabama
at LSU

I can envision ou only winning 1-2 more games and going 3-9 or 4-8. Veneables seat will get very warm and he will fire his OC at a minimum.

Last edited:
Bad days?

As I re-watched the game on the SEC channel last night, I checked the ou schedule. This 2-4 ou team with no Offensive identity, a Freshman QB, no running game or passing game, average ST's and an above average Defense is in for a very rough ride the rest of the season.

Check these BAD DAYS coming up:

South Carolina
at Ole Miss
Maine
@Missouri
Alabama
at LSU

I can envision ou only winning 1-2 more games and going 3-9 or 4-7. Veneables seat will get warm and he will fire his OC at a minimum.
We can only hope this run doesn't get him fired. That said, one more loss to the 'Horns will leave him 1-3 in the RRS. That will will be his demise for sure. I just hope they don't hire a real coach when he goes.

Wouldn't it be great to have a 20 year run where Texas wins 3-5 games?

Yep, at home, watching on TV, I hate 2:30 and 7-7:30 games.
Nice thing about 11:00 a.m. games is I don't have to worry about a previous game running long and overlapping our broadcast. Otherwise I kind of prefer the 2:30 games. Watch the game, then go out to eat. A 6:30 or 7 p.m. game is OK cuz then I can cook some ribs or grill something prior to game time.

At least we don't have to worry about our games starting at 9 p.m. on a Saturday night. (e.g., TCU at Utah, kicking off at 9:30 p.m. this weekend. Sucks to be them.)

Last edited:
Just to be clear, I only prefer the 11:00 for this circumstance. The venue is so bad for the 2:30 game. Outside of the Cotton bowl though ie, home games, I hate an 11:00 am game. Away games don’t care but the tv overlap issue is of concern plus I think away night games give the highest degree of home field advantage. They are awesome wherever they are.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back