Texas - OU Game Thread

I totally forgot to mention...

Ran into a mutual friend in the bowels of the stadium happening to get a water at the time. Worked in the department when Herman was in charge. Was wearing inoffensive non-Texas, non-OU gear so as to not get spotted because he has allegiances with both schools.

I asked why they wouldn't just put Thompson in if they don't trust Arnold and Hawkins is still too green. This is a man who started twice against OU (once for us and once for NU) and wasn't particularly bad against them either time... including 388-5-0 in the 2021 game that our defense blew.

His response was kind of "sad-but-sweet." Thompson was all set to quit football forever after his most recent injury @ FAU against Clemson. Herman sat him down and told him to worry about his future. An opportunity arose with Venables (through some back channels) that they'd offer him a scholarship basically for the sole purpose of rehabbing this year. Casey had to acknowledge that he'd have zero chance to play, but could use OU's physical training and health facilities to try to get his knee better. I can't imagine Texas reaching out to a former 4-star QB and using a schollie against the limit just to help a brother out. The recently-fired OC had a lot to do with it, but a bunch of guys had to rubber stamp the decision.

Brother sent me this photo. She was born in OK, but evidently is a UT fan. Perhaps @Dionysus should offer her an honorary HF Poster Sponsorship and a nifty HF mousepad!

Can someone explain this Reba thing to me. Is she dating or married to the guy in the picture, who is a UT fan, or what?

I totally forgot to mention...

Ran into a mutual friend in the bowels of the stadium happening to get a water at the time. Worked in the department when Herman was in charge. Was wearing inoffensive non-Texas, non-OU gear so as to not get spotted because he has allegiances with both schools.

I asked why they wouldn't just put Thompson in if they don't trust Arnold and Hawkins is still too green. This is a man who started twice against OU (once for us and once for NU) and wasn't particularly bad against them either time... including 388-5-0 in the 2021 game that our defense blew.

His response was kind of "sad-but-sweet." Thompson was all set to quit football forever after his most recent injury @ FAU against Clemson. Herman sat him down and told him to worry about his future. An opportunity arose with Venables (through some back channels) that they'd offer him a scholarship basically for the sole purpose of rehabbing this year. Casey had to acknowledge that he'd have zero chance to play, but could use OU's physical training and health facilities to try to get his knee better. I can't imagine Texas reaching out to a former 4-star QB and using a schollie against the limit just to help a brother out. The recently-fired OC had a lot to do with it, but a bunch of guys had to rubber stamp the decision.

Posted it way back in the "portal" thread. If I remember right I don't think he was getting a full schollie.

They aren"t just helping a brother out. He is a sooner legacy so they are making some allowances for that.

I don’t mean the big D is funny, not at all but just clever.
Every time we visited Dallas for the kids to meet their cousins I would sing “Going through the big D and I don’t mean Dallas” in the car as we approached downtown. Kids being young would always ask what I was referring to. Never told them until they were 18 or so.

1729039951887.jpeg

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back