Texas-Nebraska Vball Natty 2023

Thanks Malcom
I might watch theNu presser but I respect your knowlegable opinion so might not waste my time.
Losers who whine are losers for a reasons
He was pretty complimentary until the last question. His view and statement about Texas Volleyball and Coach Elliott was uncalled for.

I just watched neb press conference. Cook really hates our program. Dude was way unprofessional with the back handed commits about our players and the program was just sad. The players get a pass...I'm not going to criticize young ladies and how they feel after a game like that. Cook should be ashamed of himself for saying what he said in front of his players.
Malcom, I said in the football forum that the portal and NIL will be regulated QUICK if folks thought it gave Texas an unfair advantage. If Texas wins the CFP in football, the Wild West era of the portal and NIL will be over.

Thanks Malcom
I might watch theNu presser but I respect your knowlegable opinion so might not waste my time.
Losers who whine are losers for a reasons
Watch it. I thought the guy was pretty stand-up about the *** kicking he took. He just doesn't like the portal, and I can appreciate that point of view.

Had company so recorded game and just watched. Holy smokes what an incredible group of ladies. Put me with the doubters early on but they sure showed me. I’m a late comer to volleyball and never can figure out the rotation stuff just got into it due to Logan E being from Brentwood , Tenn. but I love those girls.
Sorry to hear about the negative comments by Neb coach, sour grapes are pathetic even more so in girls sports in my opinion. Other than maybe o’Neal’s screaming through the net what could he have criticized? Jerk.
Hookem

Watch it. I thought the guy was pretty stand-up about the *** kicking he took. He just doesn't like the portal, and I can appreciate that point of view.
He took a shot at Elliot by suggesting he merely got a bunch of great players from the portal while doing nothing to develop them, which is what they do a at Corn U.

Being kind prior to that is the reverse of saying "Thank you for your service" before grilling the **** out of someone and totally discrediting them.

I don’t like it either. But until it is regulated expect more of the same. Not a Texas problem.

I see from you guys he said something about the portal which I dislike also so not sure how he said it but we all have the same rules so sorry bub, adapt or die. hookem

Go back to the broadcast. We're down like 10-7 or so in the 2nd set, heading to a time out and the cameras pan to a couple of young Corn people who decide to do the Horns down rather than cheering their own team. I thought to myself they may learn how bitchy karma can be.

We went on an 11 point run immediately afterwards. Karma indeed.

I saw that horns down, and I’m like you wait, just you wait.

BS, what adjustments Elliott did in the last game and this one were miraculous. Heck what he did to turn the season around were miraculous. Beautiful win ladies!

BS, what adjustments Elliott did in the last game and this one were miraculous. Heck what he did to turn the season around were miraculous. Beautiful win ladies!
He had the team to make the adjustments. Other teams either couldn’t or weren’t mature enough to do so.

Ha, that’s an interesting take because I know on the football forum I’ve heard many complaints about the team not making ‘halftime’ adjustments. In that case I always hear the coach being blamed, never it being the players weren’t capable of making adjustments. Maybe we just have a different take about it but I think he did a great job and I’m very proud of the girls - portalers included, especially Skinner!

If anyone agree with first part of cook presser then you also agree we were "lucky and should have loss to Tenn". I call BS with that.
They have transfers just like we do..so what? Without a successful system and teamwork they would mean nothing. Transfers don't make a team a winner.

Last edited:
Championships always involve a bit of luck but we beat Tenn in the end and that’s what counts. To be down to set point and win, well that’s a champion, nuff said.

If anyone agree with first part of cook presser then you also agree we were "lucky and should have loss to Tenn". I call BS with that.
They have transfers just like we do..so what? Without a successful system and teamwork they would mean nothing. Transfers don't make a team a winners.
I had to laugh at Coach Cook’s comment about our Tennessee game. It was the way he said it, so boldly and finitely. “They shouldn’t have won against Tennessee”. He was hurting. But he did go on to give examples of how Nebraska has come back when down to match point and won. Even a National title.

I listened to the press conference. I was at a family event so couldn't watch. I haven't seen the match. Elliott was asked about the red card, and then was asked about the yellow card before that. He said he wasn't aware he got a yellow card, that he wasn't told. So can anyone tell me about the yellow & red cards and what the penalty was? Also, the Nebraska coach implied that Asjia was getting away with something on her serve, but "different officials call it differently". So what's up with that?

Impressed with the Horns throuout the tounament. Lots of grit!!!

Well rounded team that play so well together...

Lots of stars ....O'Neal, Madisen, Emma, Jenna, Molly, Swindle, but great play from Berg, Akana and Barnes

read a post last week that 'basically' said Jenna should not start let alone have a scholly....not that it matters but I think she has more than proven her worth!!!

Cook was doing what any coach would do.
It has to be hard to be the top school all year
And get swept by Texas:bevo:
It had to be hard for the NU players who are 19 or20 and wanted to win too.
Tough presser to attend as the losers.
Glad it wasn't Texas:trophy:

I just watched neb press conference. Cook really hates our program. Dude was way unprofessional with the back handed commits about our players and the program was just sad. The players get a pass...I'm not going to criticize young ladies and how they feel after a game like that. Cook should be ashamed of himself for saying what he said in front of his players.

He was happy to welcome Lexi Sun, but I guess since she ended up mostly on the sidelines he had to rain on our parade. Whatever, Horns Up!

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back