Texas High School Football

O
High School news...

last year the Hereford Whitefaces lost every game many by 50 points...

2023 they are now 5-0 and ranked #10 in 4A div 1....quite a turn around led by a soph qb and mostly sophs and Juniors
My school played Hereford for homecoming my Sr year. At Rt Guard & very undersized, my primary assignment was to block a potential All-Stater. My coaches told me (& the team) the game would hinge on me controlling the DT. Mid-1st quarter, the guy cheap-shot me, got my head under his shoulder pads, beat the crap out of me well past the echo of the whistle while pushing me past our backfield. When I broke free I instinctively threw a punch. Refs grabbed us both, off-setting unsportsmanlike penalty; double ejection. My back-up dominated his back-up & we won decisively.

Down side, that was the only game my brother ever watched me play & I was ejected 1/2 way thru 1st qtr.

O

My school played Hereford for homecoming my Sr year. At Rt Guard & very undersized, my primary assignment was to block a potential All-Stater. My coaches told me (& the team) the game would hinge on me controlling the DT. Mid-1st quarter, the guy cheap-shot me, got my head under his shoulder pads, beat the crap out of me well past the echo of the whistle while pushing me past our backfield. When I broke free I instinctively threw a punch. Refs grabbed us both, off-setting unsportsmanlike penalty; double ejection. My back-up dominated his back-up & we won decisively.

Down side, that was the only game my brother ever watched me play & I was ejected 1/2 way thru 1st qtr.
Sounds like mission accomplished

O

You had a key role in helping your team WIN !!!

BTW 1SA, I believe @baoklhorn played football for the Hereford Whitefaces long ago.

He lives in Tulsa now and sees Lance Taylor often at TX -Ex events there.

Not sure your or his playing eras... maybe he will see this post and reply.

BTW 1SA, I believe @baoklhorn played football for the Hereford Whitefaces long ago.

If he played 1969 we might have something to talk about.

Isa, who was the potential all state player...what year?
'69; don't remember the name. He petered out & missed on his potential. What I remember is he was huge, quick & strong...and I was undersized, slow & not all that strong.

Hereford was really good in 82, I think it was. I watched them play at Texas stadium vs eastern hills and Jeff Adkins in the 4a qtr final

Great win for the Bobcats and Trey Owens. Next up will be Northshore at NRG. I was part of the PA team that called the Bobcats win against Lake Travis in 2017 at NRG and they went on to win the 6A championship. Hope they can have similar success next week, although Northshore is likely the number 1 team in the state.

Congrats to Coach Miller and all the players!

Well, it is at least nice to know that Graham Harrell made time to attend at least one game at his old High School

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back