Texas High School Football

When I was working in Plano, there was one really good defensive end who was clearly zoned for WT White but playing for Plano West. West was pretty terrible at the time, so nothing ever came of it.

Did you turn that info in to the UIL? Nothing gets corrected unless it's reported. Not picking on you but it's only illegal if they get caught. No one reports it, so it continues

I was referring to living in a fancy neighborhood (based on improper benefits) that is zoned for Dallas ISD. But, for like the 4th time on this thread, I'm more concerned about people living anywhere zoned for Dallas ISD and playing for one of the suburbs.

Suburbs. Like Duncanville. Like De Soto.

https://news.scorebooklive.com/texa...iffs-football-team-sign-with-college-programs

>>>>You could’ve went to Duncanville, but you’d only gotten one (title),” Todd said. “You could’ve went to DeSoto, but you would’ve only gotten one. They came to the ‘The Mecca,’ and we got two and we will go for three.”

I’m ok with creation of a Class 7A if too many 6As start to dwarf all the other 6As. NIL? You think there’s cheating in college football….. wait ‘til Mommy and Daddy get free rein in Mijo’s athletics!

https://news.scorebooklive.com/texa...iffs-football-team-sign-with-college-programs

>>>>You could’ve went to Duncanville, but you’d only gotten one (title),” Todd said. “You could’ve went to DeSoto, but you would’ve only gotten one. They came to the ‘The Mecca,’ and we got two and we will go for three.”

Good gracious, it's almost as if someone could transfer into a district and then... *gulp*... PLAY for a team that's there!

Should we call up Allen and warn them about that Kyler Murray? Or is that ok because it wasn't from Dallas-to-wherever?

If this is just about the one-year rentals of HS seniors, then I'm fully on board with enforcing existing rules and making student athletes sit a year before competing at a varsity level. They just throw those kids on JV anyhow and embarrass opposing freshmen on Thursday nights. Rules state that if someone transfers more than a semester out of the next season, AND the HC's from that UIL district don't challenge it, then the transfer is fine.

What could be going on is a relatively unknown rule in Texas (and I just verified that as far as my source knows is still in effect). The rule is a student can go to a school in a school district other than the one they live in as long as the receiving district agrees, and the student pays tuition equal to the cost of educating a student in the grade in question. The rule is meant to be used for moves out of the district where the student's family wants them to finish that year at the same school, or one of the student's parents have such a skill that the neighboring district needs but cannot fill in that district. Unfortunately (or fortunately) the rule evidently does not define what is allowed and what isn't. Even the DISD can see dollars in the door when they desperately need them.

The district spared no taxpayer expense, apparently.

I'm seeing the same thing in Manor which in the grand scheme of things is not a wealthy district. I can't believe people are ok with tax money being wasted on $100m sports complexes like that. The last high school opened in Prosper was Rock Hill High School which opened in 2020 at a total cost of over $200 million. Prosper High was opened in 2009 at a cost of $120 million so I'm guessing this campus was easily over $250 million. There are other middle and elementary schools which have opened up too over the past 10 years so the fine folks of Prosper are in debt by easily over a billion dollars for these new schools.

All this for a city of 34,000 people but the tax district probably pulls from a population of around 50,000 people or less. I'm glad I'm not paying taxes in that district.

Last edited:
I'm seeing the same thing in Manor which in the grand scheme of things is not a wealthy district. I can't believe people are ok with tax money being wasted on $100m sports complexes like that. The last high school opened in Prosper was Rock Hill High School which opened in 2020 at a total cost of over $200 million. Prosper High was opened in 2009 at a cost of $120 million so I'm guessing this campus was easily over $250 million. There are other middle and elementary schools which have opened up too over the past 10 years so the fine folks of Prosper are in debt by easily over a billion dollars for these new schools.

All this for a city of 34,000 people but the tax district probably pulls from a population of around 50,000 people or less. I'm glad I'm not paying taxes in that district.
Imagine if local governments sold bonds to build infrastructure like ports, utilities, industrial parks, etc. This is what China did. In this way, new companies only have to invest what is within their building vs paying for what is outside the building too. Yes it adds to local government debt and increases taxes, but it goes towards economic development instead of HS sports.

Last edited:
watching Saraland high school QB and 2025 tx commit kj lacey. First game and the offense is not clicking. Losing 7-3 in the 2nd quarter.

High School news...

last year the Hereford Whitefaces lost every game many by 50 points...

2023 they are now 5-0 and ranked #10 in 4A div 1....quite a turn around led by a soph qb and mostly sophs and Juniors

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back