Random Season News

upload_2023-9-24_13-27-58.png

All five power conferences represented in top 20. One will be the odd man out in the CFP. B12 is considered the weakest conference. Fortunately Texas played Bama this year. We need them to do well.

It might be fun to watch some of the Pac-12 games this season. Utah, Oregon, Washington, and USC all look to be good. I don't like SC's chances to win the conference - don't think they can stop Oregon or Washington unless the defense improves by leaps and bounds quickly!

glad that KU and OK are undefeated. makes our resume better. Hope bama finishes with a good record but not good enough to make playoffs. pac is looking strong but they will knock each other off. They have the best QBs.
The target on our back is getting bigger but we have the players to overcome. Defenses can now see our tendencies so the o-line is going to have to set the tone and make the blocks and when the ball hits the wrs hands we can't afford drops. go horns!

What the hell do we have to do to get OU kickoff at 230?

f**k ABC and TV, put the game at 130 or 230
The one and only good thing about an 11:00 slot is that we are assured of seeing the opening kickoff and the 1st quarter in its entirety. (no previous game to run long and overlap ours)

The lunacy of that time is comparable to the 2:30 for Rice and Ks. I can almost forgive the Ks one allowing that the current temperatures may have been unpredictable but ummmm, not really.

Also the 5th consecutive game on the ESPN family of networks. I can't stand the Fox crews.

I'm fine with the 11 am kick for OU. It's kind of like how the Chicago Cubs held on to no night games for years and years. Tradition or whatever.

Game gets going, gives us time to gloat for the rest of the day with a win, and can go to bed at a reasonable hour.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back