Random Season News

Although changing the time would mean I will have to forego drinking beer and eating Fletcher’s corny dogs at 9am once per year!

Yup. Me: 1 x per year re 11am kick......

Arrive early, get my strategic parking spot that is safe, affordable and positioned for quick get away after: The Eyes of Texas... 00:00.

Enter fairgrounds by 8 - 8:30 am for Midway breakfast around 9: Hot & extra greasy Fletcher's corn dawg, smothered in mustard, washed down with a non-Bud Lite beer in a flimsy wax cup... while blustering ou sucks at sooners in line!

THAT: is the breakfast of TX-ou game veterans & champions!

Last edited:
Belgium waffle with powdered sugar, whipped cream, strawberries & a Dr Pepper for breakfast; after the game Momma Fernie's funnel cake, deep fried grilled cheese, then across the street to Glen & Sherri's for sausage on a stick (with hotdog bun) while watching Alabama kick the **** out of the Aggies on their 10 ft TV screen. Later Texas Tornado potatoes, and if David Sims is there some chicken fried bacon. When I can move, on to Fletchers for dessert.

Leave the Fair Grounds around 830 or 9.

Yup. Me x 1 per year....

THAT, is always my personal TX - ou pregame plan with 11AM kick.

Arrive early, get my strategic parking spot that is safe, affordable and positioned for quick get away.

Enter fairgrounds by 8 - 8:30 am for breakfast: Hot & extra greasy Fletchers corn dawg, smothered in mustard, washed down with a Midway non-Bud Lite beer in a flimsy wax cup... while yelling ou sucks at sooners in line!

Breakfast of TX-ou game veterans & champions!
Sounds like we are aligned on pre-game routine. I will be yapping with my aging horn crew near big Tex, laughing at ou fans in jorts and quaffing beers like a freshman.

Belgium waffle with powdered sugar, whipped cream, strawberries & a Dr Pepper for breakfast; after the game Momma Fernie's funnel cake, deep fried grilled cheese, then across the street to Glen & Sherri's for sausage on a stick (with hotdog bun) while watching Alabama kick the **** out of the Aggies on their 10 ft TV screen. Later Texas Tornado potatoes, and if David Sims is there some chicken fried bacon. When I can move, on to Fletchers for dessert.

Sabre, you and me must have the exact tastes. I am not a coffee guy so DP has be first. LOL
Great selection my fellow horn!

The one and only good thing about an 11:00 slot is that we are assured of seeing the opening kickoff and the 1st quarter in its entirety. (no previous game to run long and overlap ours)

That, and fans getting to their cars safely if the game goes to OT. Gets dark around 7:15pm in early October

I'm willing to consider a change to my pre-ou routine. I need to eat with you before and after the game! Damn the sugar, carbs, salt and cholesterol are record setting!!!

Last edited:
What, you’re insinuating that the area surrounding Fair Park isn’t particularly safe after sunset?

:smh:

I'm not insinuating.

Been in and around Fair Park late PM once after the game... hanging around the Fair.

LATE ain't safe for man nor beast late evening in FP!

Last edited:
That sounds like a one-year supply of cholesterol.

I'm not insinuating. Been in and around Fair Park late PM once after the game. Hanging around the Fair.

LATE ain't safe for man nor beast late evening in FP!
Yeah, I just threw the question out for laughs ... and to see the responses. When I went to the RRS 5 years ago we parked in a lot just west of the fairgrounds and I figured that was far enough.

By way of note, my dad was born about 100 years ago in the Glenville area of east Cleveland, which was already kind of a semi-rough neighborhood back then ... flash forward to 1993 when I was visiting my aunt & uncle who lived in Indian Hills, some distance east of that area ... we were driving on Euclid Avenue and we crossed 126th Street, and my aunt mentioned that the house that she and my dad grew up in was a few blocks to the south ... I (naively) asked if we could drive by and take a look at it ... the aunt and uncle immediately responded with a resounding "NO." I pointed out that it was high noon and we wouldn't be getting out of the car ... my uncle remarked that bullets are just as deadly in the daylight as they are at night.

Mild cold front coming next Thursday, meaning good weather for Texas-OU.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back