Random Season News

Just an irrelevant word association, but when I was a kid we had a cool doghouse with a real shingle roof and all, but the dog would never even go in there.
Did you keep your dog fenced in? Growing up, we had a doghouse but the dog could roam the neighborhood and when he was home he used it. When I had my first dog in Austin, we had to fence him in and walk the dog at night. Didn’t use the doghouse. It’s psychology, even for dogs.

Last edited:
Did you keep your dog fenced in? We had a doghouse but the dog could roam the neighborhood and when he was home he used it. When I had my first dog, we had to fence him in and walk the dog at night. Didn’t use the doghouse. It’s psychology, even for dogs.
So, what you are saying is that we need to fence in Isaiah Neyor—keep him out of the doghouse.
There, I got us back to football.

It looks like 13 okie state players are getting NIL. Doesn't seem like a lot
but to quit will not enhance themselves to other programs

Well, most of the elite programs will not take the risk of accepting them in the portal, but some of the nonn-elites might take the risk if the player is good and can contribute to their needs.... IF they afford their NIL demands!

Proposal for relegation model: The Pac-2 maybe tries it out?
Oregon State AD sees value of potential relegation model in college football: 'I think that's coming'
The First Official Proposal for Relegation in College Football

I've been in touch with a couple of friends in MWC programs and they say that even though the majority doesn't support the idea, it's still a financially responsible idea.

Basically - three "tiers" of 8 teams, with winners promoted and losers relegated within the conference.

I'm struggling to figure out how they get to 24 unless it's completely dismantling some other conferences as well.
MWC + Oregon State + Washington State = 14
It says the other 10 are coming from a mix of time zones from Central to Pacific. Here is every remaining FBS team from the other midmajor conferences. One article said that NDSU and SDSU were high priorities, but until we get confirmation, I'll stick with predictions from Division I-A teams. My guesses in bold:
Memphis
Rice
Tulane
Tulsa
UAB
UTSA
La Tech
Texas St
Southern Miss
ULL

UNT
WKU
MTSU
SHSU
NMSU
UTEP
S Ala
UL Monroe
Ark St
Troy

Unbolded can join a new "Sun Belt" or whatever they want to call it.

Cincy fans. Ouch.

img_9161-jpeg.410278

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back