Random Season News

It's a better road trip than Cincinatti, Third Ward, or the other "city schools" the rap rep brought in. Doesn't change the fact that CU is a broke school in a broke state.

Their version of "drag worms" (on the mall downtown) make the ones in Austin look like a black-tie event at Houston Country Club, plus the ones in Boulder are violent.

My bailer contacts in Wacko are on full joyful silly this morning thinking who will join next. As if the Big 12 is the big gotta have ticket now.
It would tickle me silly if tech and okie lite bolted to another conference and left those chumps in the guano dust.

Last edited:
ESPN and Fox are saying Oregon:

upload_2023-7-27_17-16-57.png

Last edited:
bishop,

I posted some time ago that the next of importance would be the acceptance of the applications from Clemson, FSU, oSu, & Tech. Big holdup is the ACC buyout. After Bowelsby (with the help of NeinASS) humped the puppy on their request to join the Big XII, the ACC put huge increase in the exit fee.

bishop,

I posted some time ago that the next of importance would be the acceptance of the applications from Clemson, FSU, oSu, & Tech. Big holdup is the ACC buyout. After Bowelsby (with the help of NeinASS) humped the puppy on their request to join the Big XII, the ACC put huge increase in the exit fee.
Sabre, I agree the ACC is the next conference to watch.
The Oregon rumor surprised me.
But any way you look at it. The little 12 leftovers are going to be at the bottom of the competition pile when this is all settled.

I am calling BS on this rumor. No way Phil Knight agrees to move his team and Nike to the little 12 heap.
The Pac 10 needs to add Tech and more west coast teams and stop this madness.
The PAC10 doesn't have a buyout clause. They don't have any media agreement extending past next year. Any school with any sense is bailing out asap.

Oregon & Washington are hedging their bets. Both want in the BigTen, but will take the Big XII temporarily (think Deloss' new SWC). Phil Knight arguably has more money invested in college athletics than anyone else. He is also smart enough to know that the Big XII has no front office leadership. I look for Knight to move Oregon to the Big XII (assuming the BigTen rejects them), create a new conference with a powerful commissioner (Oliver Luck), take Stanford, San Diego State, Arizona, Tech, TCU, Baylor, SMU, oSu, Kansas, Utah, Colorado.

Delaney coveted UVA & UNC when he was BigTen commissioner. The UNC/Duke deal killed that. Clemson & FSU wanted in the Big XII and Bowelsby & NeinASS screwed that up. They really want in the SEC, as does Loserville.

Lots of cards left to be played in this decade, and the deck may be shuffled several times.

I think he senses a good year.

I think he's still pissed about what happened when he left TCU. They go after a cross-town rival coach and immediately become a title contender. I think GP wants to prove that he can stick it to TCU one last time on 11/11.

Dude loves to drop that left shoulder and destroy people. How many of those missed for big gains because he doesn't actually tackle? I'm not criticizing, asking a legit question. I'm surprised he hasn't hurt that shoulder due to repeated blunt force.

Dude loves to drop that left shoulder and destroy people. How many of those missed for big gains because he doesn't actually tackle? I'm not criticizing, asking a legit question. I'm surprised he hasn't hurt that shoulder due to repeated blunt force.
Hopefully he can stay healthy for us this year. He certainly can deliver Bryant Westbrook type devastation.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back