Random Season News

upload_2023-7-18_21-52-59.png

Of course he did, all the while thinking, " this will make us look better when we beat them"
I like Saban but typical coach speak
Our Sark will say the same thing.

I read the article to make sure this made sense. Their formula was... well... for the average person who goes on StubHub and just finds tickets. I'm sure that describes many of us but there are tons of ways to make it happen. Either way:
2x tickets
2x hot dogs
2x sodas
2x beers
1x parking

Some of these are obviously way more "negotiable" than others.

Alabama was WAY down the list at $158 using the same formula. I find this odd, but I think there are a lot of "laws of averages" at play here. You can find MTSU vs. Bama tickets for $8. So they're averaging that in with the $299/seat for Texas, and there you go?

Plus, everything outside of the tickets is kind of an interesting pairing. I don't think I've ever paid for parking in Austin. Ever. It makes some journeys interesting, and might involve a bus or an Uber, but $40 for parking? I don't think so. I can get the appeal of the "hot dog, drink, another drink" pricing as well, but I don't think anyone would price out a college football experience that way.

Baylor was rated the cheapest experience in the XII, but it's showing $43/ticket. I haven't paid that little to go there since before RG3.

UCLA doesn't count because they add in the tank of gas to drive from West LA to Pasadena and back.

Food costs? It includes food? If the **** for brains that run the Rose Bowl run out of food half way through the first quarter of the National Championship game, how much do they have for UCLA?

UCLA doesn't count because they add in the tank of gas to drive from West LA to Pasadena and back.

Food costs? It includes food? If the **** for brains that run the Rose Bowl run out of food half way through the first quarter of the National Championship game, how much do they have for UCLA?

UCLA actually had cheaper tickets than everyone else ranked highly but it was $96 for the drinks, hot dogs, and parking.

UCLA has the cheapest ticket prices because they can't sell any. When was the last time they outnumbered their opponent?

Then there is the issue about rain. If it rains you can't park on the golf course. Park at Pasadena College and ride a bus over, BUT after the game the buses take you only to Old Towne.

I guess we can count Michigan out of the NC playoff picture. Making Harbaugh sit out four games is serious ****, but making him sit out Bowling Green, UNLV, Rutgers is just damning. Why couldn't they pick some cupcakes like Ohio State or Wisconsin or State Penn or one of the "I" schools.

That NCAA sure knows how to ***** slap a school.

I guess we can count Michigan out of the NC playoff picture. Making Harbaugh sit out four games is serious ****, but making him sit out Bowling Green, UNLV, Rutgers is just damning. Why couldn't they pick some cupcakes like Ohio State or Wisconsin or State Penn or one of the "I" schools.

That NCAA sure knows how to ***** slap a school.

Game #5 is against Nebraska, so we all know that they feared the Corn *that* much.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back