Random Season News

stadiums.jpeg

I've never understood why some of these events are considered sports. What athleticism is required for "Crop Judging" and "Meat Judging". Really...an NCAA championship for that? It fits in the same category for me when ESPN airs the spelling bee and chess. Those are worthy endeavors but "SPORTS"? I think not.
Maybe it's time to take your sarcasm meter in for a tune-up and recalibration.

Fox pre pre season analysis. I think I'd rather see predictions like this than projected in top 5
"Texas Under 9.5 wins

Texas has not won more than nine games in the regular season since 2009, so fading the Longhorns each year has been profitable. They're coming off an eight-win season, which arguably could have been better if they had a healthy quarterback. However, when Quinn Ewers was in the lineup, he was just OK. After returning from an injury he suffered against Alabama, he threw for more than 197 yards only once in the regular season.

Texas relied on its rushing attack with Bijan Robinson, who was just drafted No. 8 overall by the Atlanta Falcons, so his replacement will not be as good. There’s a fair argument to be made that Ewers will improve in Year 2 as a starter or be replaced by Arch Manning — the true freshman who's the nephew of Peyton and Eli Manning. A 10-win team rarely has question marks at quarterback before the season begins.

Let’s look at Texas' schedule. The Horns have road games at Alabama, Baylor and TCU, plus the annual game in Dallas against Oklahoma. If they go 2-2 in those road games, they cannot lose another game and get over 9.5 wins. Texas tends to have a stinker or two a season, and I’m going to wager on that happening this year. Sarkisian & Co. go 9-3 at best. Give me the Under.

PICK: Texas (+102, bet $10 to win $20.20 total) Under 9.5 wins
2023 College Football odds: Best early Power 5 conference futures bets | FOX Sports

Fox pre pre season analysis.

There’s a fair argument to be made that Ewers will improve in Year 2 as a starter or be replaced by Arch Manning — the true freshman who's the nephew of Peyton and Eli Manning.
2023 College Football odds: Best early Power 5 conference futures bets | FOX Sports

I'm super-stoked that Arch is wearing Burnt Orange. That said, this writer totally ignores the fact that Arch is a true Freshman with 0 experience in Sark's scheme. IMHO this attitude that Arch only has to show up to be Q's back-up is a slap in the face to Malik. Has anybody watched this kid? He is ridiculously talented. I'm thrilled that Arch is here, but he has a couple of HUGH hill's to climb before becoming starting QB @ Texas; 1 of those being he has to beat out that Murphy kid.

I'm super-stoked that Arch is wearing Burnt Orange. That said, this writer totally ignores the fact that Arch is a true Freshman with 0 experience in Sark's scheme. IMHO this attitude that Arch only has to show up to be Q's back-up is a slap in the face to Malik. Has anybody watched this kid? He is ridiculously talented. I'm thrilled that Arch is here, but he has a couple of HUGH hill's to climb before becoming starting QB @ Texas; 1 of those being he has to beat out that Murphy kid.
That writer is full of crap all the way around.

Agree. Based off the spring game Malik is WAY OUT FRONT of Arch. Let kids be kids unless the elders wet the bed.

Recent Threads

Back