Random Season News

upload_2024-1-9_22-57-14.png

All 3 of these coaches have a biased against Texas. Glad to be done with 2 of those and the other will determine his own fate. The ags have the clout to recruit well so they should field a good team every year yet they are still ags. Guessing they will never get out from under that. Their best shot was johnny football before he melted down and even that didnt do it.

Here’s another way to think about it.

Since Blue Baxter and Helm are knowns, I agree. The others and can include portals should easily replace this. We should have a juggernaut on offense next year. Blue has legit break away speed that is a threat on every touch (if he can hold onto the ball). I have to believe some of these elite receivers we have recruited have the chance to step into the light next year and I hope they all do.

Since Blue Baxter and Helm are knowns, I agree. The others and can include portals should easily replace this. We should have a juggernaut on offense next year. Blue has legit break away speed that is a threat on every touch (if he can hold onto the ball). I have to believe some of these elite receivers we have recruited have the chance to step into the light next year and I hope they all do.
We have the trigger man returning. At least according to Sark, that's the biggest key.

Coupling that with line play that may be improved also, and you've got your juggernaut.

We have the trigger man returning. At least according to Sark, that's the biggest key.

Coupling that with line play that may be improved also, and you've got your juggernaut.
For years we had good skills players but mediocre QB and OL that hindered the team. Not an issue next year for QB and OL. People are mistakenly thinking QB/OL should be comparable to the other skill players in terms of overall team impact. They are not (QB/OL much more important). Even if they were, our skill players have talent.

All 3 of these coaches have a biased against Texas. Glad to be done with 2 of those and the other will determine his own fate. The ags have the clout to recruit well so they should field a good team every year yet they are still ags. Guessing they will never get out from under that. Their best shot was johnny football before he melted down and even that didnt do it.
Herman and his choices are a good example of why I don’t necessarily wish everyone who has passed through our doors good luck and best wishes in the future. Those things are earned and vary from person to person.

Roach from Bama or bringing Rod Wright back home would be my top choices. Roach is probably available up until the new hire at Bama is named, in which case they'd probably retain him.

Roach from Bama or bringing Rod Wright back home would be my top choices. Roach is probably available up until the new hire at Bama is named, in which case they'd probably retain him.
I know Rod Wright has been coaching for about 14 years now, but I don't know what kind of success his collegiate lines have achieved. Can you illuminate us?

Roach is the more likely candidate.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back