Random Season News

You Can Say It Now: The Texas Longhorns Are Back

Texas Monthly

Good read about how Sark and the team have pulled it off.
IMO this is still premature. You can say we're back when we make the CFP more than we miss for a few years. This is practically equivalent to being in the top 10 more often than not. But then, I've had hopes and expectations dashed for a long while now, watching us teeter-tooter for a number of years, and it looks like the program is moving in a much better direction than anytime since the first decade of the 2000's. And maybe better than then. Looking forward to finding out, you know?
:hookem:

IMO this is still premature. You can say we're back when we make the CFP more than we miss for a few years. This is practically equivalent to being in the top 10 more often than not. But then, I've had hopes and expectations dashed for a long while now, watching us teeter-tooter for a number of years, and it looks like the program is moving in a much better direction than anytime since the first decade of the 2000's. And maybe better than then. Looking forward to finding out, you know?
I like the trendlines and undercurrents. For example, recruiting has been top 3 when including transfers for the last 2 years. Sark has fixed the QB problem we had. Player evaluation seems really good. OL is fixed. You can’t just look at the superficial level.

I like the trendlines and undercurrents. For example, recruiting has been top 3 when including transfers for the last 2 years. Sark has fixed the QB problem we had. Player evaluation seems really good. OL is fixed. You can’t just look at the superficial level.
I agree. Hence my comment on direction and looking forward to finding out. Just a bit gunshy is all.

I think we're back - being in the CFP shows that. The question is: Can we stay?

I'll never understand the Iowa love. Ferentz continues to be the most "HE still has a job??" figure in all of college sports. Playing in the B1G is probably a sure-fire way to knock a defense up the rankings a few pegs.

6 months, dropped directv over losing the local fox, NBC affiliates. Fubo has ballys sports, wife has to have her Rangers baseball! Fubo is one of the few streamers that carries ballys sports
Who knows who will have the Rangers in 2024. Diamond Sports (aka Bally) is folding next year, but they want out of the Ranger contract for the 2024 season.

Selling couches, or burning them?
Funny story about my work trip to Columbus, probably around 2008 or so.

It was a group of about 20 of us that all worked in corporate IT, we had a 2 day strategy/planning meeting in Columbus (I'm not sure who chose that city as we had met in some nice places in previous years).

The group is going to dinner somewhere but me and a buddy co-worker (David) decided we didn’t want to go there (we worked in a different business unit and could do whatever we wanted) so he and I go to McCormick & Schmick's steakhouse.

We get some wine, appetizers, steaks, dessert — later they come around with some cigars and we’re pretty buzzed so sure, drop some cigars on us too. Long story short, the bill comes and it’s around $350 for the two of us. Oh crap.

David and I both report to the same boss (Paul) and our expenses go through him, and we are thinking Paul may not be pleased. It was on David’s company card, not mine, so he will submit it to Paul when we get back to Houston.

Couple days later I get an email from Paul with the subject line "Columbus dinner" and I think, oh ****.

The email starts out, “I understand you and David had a pretty nice dinner in Columbus a few days ago, and I am very disappointed...”

crap, here it comes I’m thinking ...

“... that I was not there with you guys to enjoy it. Hope you had a great time.”

Best boss I ever had.

Orange Bowl just canceled coaches presser.
Rumors are FSU will boycott and not play.
:catfight:
I was wondering if this was going to happen. If I were them, I would have waited until right before kickoff to screw the network. Refund tickets to the fans.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back