Random Season News

Rick Scott needs to remember what The University of Texas has done for him. I know he's a politician pandering for votes but tell him to go look at his bank account, then go put flowers on Richard's grave.

This guy has always turned my stomach. Maybe he should focus on something productive, like getting a handle on NIL.
We do not want Rick Scott or anyone else in Congress or Senate in any way involved in college athletics. As you can glean from Scott's demand, the main thing with them is an opportunity for them to graft which goes hand-in-glove with even worse corruption. The NCAA may be bad, but Congress is orders of magnitude worse. They are selfish, have very narrow and parochial interests, and elevate their own preferences over all others.
(And remember, "orders of magnitude" means several multiples of 10. Just so you know how bad an idea I find this suggestion that Rick Scott get involved in NIL.)
I hope you don't take this personally, dukesteer. It just happens to be one of my hot buttons. You hit it, the tape plays.
:hookem:

Congress is the most corrupt entity in the history of the USA. They have zero business being involved in the CFP. Every year there is at least 1 team that is "deserving" that doesnt get in. College football is to physical to have the large playoff model of the basketball world so this is what we have. Not perfect but I can assure you back in the early part of this, no one wanted any part of that offensive juggernaut that ok state had that got left out. Like I said every year someone gets left out. Saddle up and play your game. As long as there wasn't collusion or coercion then lets play ball.

If Gabriel magically lands at USC, likely, somebody needs to do some serious investigation of tampering. Honestly, I truly cannot imagine what that might be, but something illegal is afoot. Dont want him, dont need him, but college football desperately needs something that looks like ethics.

Oregon

Here's a good one for the ags or Bama to schedule:

Ithaca (D-III - NY): Ithaca College is looking for a week 3 game in 2024, preferably in the Northeast.One-year or multi-year agreement.Please email Head Coach Mike Toerper to discuss: [email protected].

By the way, the Committee may have done college football at-large a big favor by selecting us #3. People now see that strength of schedule really does matter. Maybe there will be less ridiculous cupcakes on the schedules of some of the big boys.

(counter-argument: Bama slipped in as #4, but they did win the SEC championship)

By the way, the Committee may have done college football at-large a big favor by selecting us #3. People now see that strength of schedule really does matter. Maybe there will be less ridiculous cupcakes on the schedules of some of the big boys.

(counter-argument: Bama slipped in as #4, but they did win the SEC championship)
Bama had a strong schedule - after all, they played us!

upload_2023-12-5_11-58-52.png

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back