Random Season News

today in 1990...
Houston was undefeated and #3 before the game. UH finished the season with one loss (to Texas) but finished the season #10
Texas had one regular season loss to Colorado who ended up #1 & NC but Texas lost to #3 Miami in a bad way

today in 1990...
Houston was undefeated and #3 before the game. UH finished the season with one loss (to Texas) but finished the season #10
Texas had one regular season loss to Colorado who ended up #1 & NC but Texas lost to #3 Miami in a bad way

To this day, Jerry Parks pisses his pants a little whenever somebody utters the words "Butch Hadnot".

today in 1990...

A day of shame & infamy.

Two nuggets from IT...

- RB Jonathan Brooks is expected back next year due to his knee injury on Saturday night.

- sources saying it's not a foregone conclusion that QB Quinn Ewers will leave for the NFL due to working through his shoulder injury and it being a QB heavy draft this year. Hamilton believes it's 65/35 currently that he returns for 2024.

Two nuggets from IT...

- RB Jonathan Brooks is expected back next year due to his knee injury on Saturday night.

- sources saying it's not a foregone conclusion that QB Quinn Ewers will leave for the NFL due to working through his shoulder injury and it being a QB heavy draft this year. Hamilton believes it's 65/35 currently that he returns for 2024.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Even if he's drafted in Rd 6 it pays a whole lot more than NIL and he can work his way to a multi-million dollar contract. I think the same could be said for Ewers, although he seems to really like school and isn't as dependent on $, but I'd say the chances are still less than 25%.

today in 1990...

That game against UH is still the loudest I've ever heard DKR without electronic enhancement.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Even if he's drafted in Rd 6 it pays a whole lot more than NIL and he can work his way to a multi-million dollar contract. I think the same could be said for Ewers, although he seems to really like school and isn't as dependent on $, but I'd say the chances are still less than 25%.
Later in the same podcast Hamilton said something about Brooks not being able to go draft because he can't pass physical.
Don't think I posted it here but told those I talk college football with Ewers needed to have a really big year to get drafted high enough to make it the smart move.He hasn't in my opinion. Hamilton's 65/35 might be a little low..

upload_2023-11-13_19-31-29.png

First, head-to-head matchups matter in the event of a two-way tie, but if a three-way tie involves teams that haven’t played each other (i.e. Oklahoma and Kansas State), the record highest-ranked common opponent(s) among all three teams will be what breaks the tie rather than head-to-head.

This isn’t an exact science, as the number of variables that are possible over the last two
weeks are almost impossible to break down.

For example, if Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, and Kansas State, were all to win out but Texas loses to Iowa State this week, the Big 12 Championship would be K-State vs. Oklahoma. However, if the Longhorns beat Iowa State, but turn around and lose to Texas Tech, the matchup would be Texas vs. Kansas State.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back