Random Season News

For example, if Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, and Kansas State, were all to win out but Texas loses to Iowa State this week, the Big 12 Championship would be K-State vs. Oklahoma. However, if the Longhorns beat Iowa State, but turn around and lose to Texas Tech, the matchup would be Texas vs. Kansas State.
This is why this week’s game is the most important of the season in terms of CCG.

I’ve been thinking since the Spring game that we should be going to this guy a lot more. Not sure why he isn’t targeted more.
Mainly because Ewers, for whatever reason, when he gets uncomfortable or under pressure, his default is to just throw it to Worthy regardless of who may actually be open or the percentage play. The last pass against tcu to Mitchell surprised the hell out of me.

D8DE1E93-565E-414A-A4E0-AEBE087D24E4.jpeg
Babe a Texas fan? Who would’ve thunk it.

First, head-to-head matchups matter in the event of a two-way tie, but if a three-way tie involves teams that haven’t played each other (i.e. Oklahoma and Kansas State), the record highest-ranked common opponent(s) among all three teams will be what breaks the tie rather than head-to-head.

This isn’t an exact science, as the number of variables that are possible over the last two
weeks are almost impossible to break down.

For example, if Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, and Kansas State, were all to win out but Texas loses to Iowa State this week, the Big 12 Championship would be K-State vs. Oklahoma. However, if the Longhorns beat Iowa State, but turn around and lose to Texas Tech, the matchup would be Texas vs. Kansas State.

This^^^ is a great post. It explicitly states exactly what happens if the team blows the game against ISU. Horns are out of the B12 CCG. I used the word "blows" because the only way UT loses to ISU is if the Horns take ISU lightly, plays without focus, doesn't scheme well against the pass and allows ISU to score enough to win.

Talent wise, the game should not be close. However, that has not mattered in 3 of the Horns last 4 games, where the Horns blew big leads in the fourth quarter.

mc
Yes it is exactly the plan all along
BUT the "pundits" are flooding media to get clicks by speculation on where he could transfer. Such BS
I hope Arch is enjoying his freshman year with NO pressure.

mc
Yes it is exactly the plan all along
BUT the "pundits" are flooding media to get clicks by speculation on where he could transfer. Such BS
I hope Arch is enjoying his freshman year with NO pressure.
I thought the plan was barring catastrophic circumstances Arch would play in 4 or less games to get a little experience but retain a year of eligibility. The other part was Ewers definitely going pro in 24. Both Hamilton and Welles at IT were adamant Ewers would be gone after this season. Then it would be Manning vs. Murphy and may the best man win. Ewers coming back will have an effect of some sort.

Sorry to cross threads here, but I won’t miss any of the Big XII schools or people like this guy, who are just haters for no apparent reason. He references “horns down” as some sort of program mantra but doesn’t really give any concrete example of why he/they feel that way other than a reference to ego. Unless this guy is from Texas, it’s highly unlikely that he personally knows any of the Longhorns and his interactions have been limited to game time where, if I’m not mistaken, all teams celebrate their successes. So he’s making some kind of generalization or stereotype based on a star rating and not on someone’s actual personality or character. I don’t listen to much of what any college football players say, but was really surprised to hear the ignorance and blind hatred from this guy.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back