Random Season News

upload_2023-11-14_19-3-51.png

Uh oh. If Patterson and aggy agree to a short term (regardless of contract term announced) he could be what they need, and what I'd hate to see. Lot of plus sides for aggy and Patterson. I hope he doesn't take it, he'd change the culture in a heartbeat

I think Patterson would bring passion and discipline and the aggies record would be better each season.
I know most of you have orgasms when you trash the aggies so you don't think clearly. They will become a legitimate force with patterson.IMO

Uh oh. If Patterson and aggy agree to a short term (regardless of contract term announced) he could be what they need, and what I'd hate to see. Lot of plus sides for aggy and Patterson. I hope he doesn't take it, he'd change the culture in a heartbeat

A&M's culture is that their traditions are better than everyone else's. They think they are the only team with a good home crowd, ie the 12th man. Gimme a break. Every home crowd is rabid. When they learn that they are special only to themselves and not different from any other fan base they might improve. Could Patterson get them to believe that? I'm not sure they could handle that. It's their delusion that they are special that makes them feel special. Admitting that they are not might just kill them.

A&M's culture is that their traditions are better than everyone else's. They think they are the only team with a good home crowd, ie the 12th man. Gimme a break. Every home crowd is rabid. When they learn that they are special only to themselves and not different from any other fan base they might improve. Could Patterson get them to believe that? I'm not sure they could handle that. It's their delusion that they are special that makes them feel special. Admitting that they are not might just kill them.

All I've heard on sports talk these past few days is how desirable a job A&M is. "Big stadium, lots of money, only downside is dealing with BMD's, etc."

None of these people truly understand the sinkhole that is the Aggie football job. It took someone special like RC Slocum to "maintain" the position for so long, fully knowing that they'd never win a national championship or anything like it. You basically need a whole generation of donors to die off before any meaningful change will happen there, and even then, I think the best you can hope for is the level of success they had in the early 90s. At or near the top of a conference with little hope for anything beyond that. The thing is, I think Aggies are content with that level. They sure as hell were when they were cheating and kicking our asses.

Fwiw, almost every ag I know is/ are the opposite of what you describe.

Last edited:
Someone said it best on this board several years ago: Texas A&M is where delusions of grandeur meet a massive inferiority complex. There's literally no other place like it, and unfortunately for them, that's not a good thing...

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back