Random Season News

He also said," We're baaaack !! " LOL .... its all talk and hype, unless or until its backed up on the field. With the patented 4 or 5 losses a year as the norm, I'll believe it when I see it. Really don't know what to expect as there will be several new faces starting, along with nearly the entire coaching staff being new. Texas could go 10-0 or 6-4....l wouldn't be shocked at either one.

He also said," We're baaaack !! " LOL .... its all talk and hype, unless or until its backed up on the field. With the patented 4 or 5 losses a year as the norm, I'll believe it when I see it. Really don't know what to expect as there will be several new faces starting, along with nearly the entire coaching staff being new. Texas could go 10-0 or 6-4....l wouldn't be shocked at either one.

IMO, 4 losses in a 10g season with a 4-year starter at QB would be shocking

The NFL is down to 12 positives
42k tests
Five teams with zero positives -- Houston, Carolina, Arizona, New England and the Chargers.

The NFL is down to 12 positives
42k tests
Five teams with zero positives -- Houston, Carolina, Arizona, New England and the Chargers.
As predicted, and.....listen up naysayers....The Exact Same Would/Will Happen in College Football and
The Exact Same Thing Would Happen On a Macro Scale Nationwide if we just got on with things in this country.

As predicted, and.....listen up naysayers....The Exact Same Would/Will Happen in College Football and
The Exact Same Thing Would Happen On a Macro Scale Nationwide if we just got on with things in this country.

These teams are wearing masks.
Isolating.
Testing.
Tracking.
Quarantining.
All the things the general public refuses to do.

These teams are wearing masks.
Isolating.
Testing.
Tracking.
Quarantining.
All the things the general public refuses to do.
I'm referring to how when teams reconvene this happens:
A bunch of people test positive
And then
A bunch of people dont
(As I've noted before it goes 2 positives, 12 positives, 5 positives, 0 positives....and the whole team moves on with business)

To that point....
Here is but one more updated preseason top 25....with UT coming in at 11.
One thing is certain....No matter what you read or whose ranking or analysis you see this season....
There is a consistent, implied perception that ...something... coaching, ability to put it all together, intangible, invisible whatever.....holds the team back and everyone watching is in major prove it mode.
Rarely will you see a power-brand team like Texas with as much acknowledged talent and skill, returning starters and production, etc not getting more love. Coming in at 11 in various polls without the pac12 or b1g and behind teams like OSU and others who arguably arent in as good of a position as Texas in many respects SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT THE CURRENT CAUTIOUSNESS OR DOUBTING THE COACHING AND LEADERSHIP.

For the record I am on board with and support TH...think his best days are still ahead. But these analysis and rankings speak volumes.. especially if you read what is being said over and over and look how we are projected relative to ther programs.

(Btw sooners at 3 is too high)

Here's the list FWIW...
CBS Sports releases latest CFB power rankings

To that point....
Here is but one more updated preseason top 25....with UT coming in at 11.
One thing is certain....No matter what you read or whose ranking or analysis you see this season....
There is a consistent, implied perception that ...something... coaching, ability to put it all together, intangible, invisible whatever.....holds the team back and everyone watching is in major prove it mode.
Rarely will you see a power-brand team like Texas with as much acknowledged talent and skill, returning starters and production, etc not getting more love. Coming in at 11 in various polls without the pac12 or b1g and behind teams like OSU and others who arguably arent in as good of a position as Texas in many respects SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT THE CURRENT CAUTIOUSNESS OR DOUBTING THE COACHING AND LEADERSHIP.

For the record I am on board with and support TH...think his best days are still ahead. But these analysis and rankings speak volumes.. especially if you read what is being said over and over and look how we are projected relative to ther programs.

(Btw sooners at 3 is too high)

Here's the list FWIW...
CBS Sports releases latest CFB power rankings
"However, with Ehlinger in the fold, the Longhorns have a chance to make a run at the Pac-12 title."

Gonna be tough for Texas to win the Pac-12 title w/o playing in the Pac-12, but since no other teams in the Pac-12 will be playing either would a win over UTEP be enough to claim the Pac-12 title?

"However, with Ehlinger in the fold, the Longhorns have a chance to make a run at the Pac-12 title."

Gonna be tough for Texas to win the Pac-12 title w/o playing in the Pac-12, but since no other teams in the Pac-12 will be playing either would a win over UTEP be enough to claim the Pac-12 title?
That is hilarious. I overlooked it.
It could simply be a type/brain-o, but you can't help but think about the cliched perception that many national writers dont really pay close attention to much of what they are suppose to express expertise in...like writing about teams or players or conferences they never watch or analyze closely.
It is...I suppose...a Freudian slip.
But as to his notion, I'd be happy being crowned the champs of any conference right now!

Last edited:
IMO, 4 losses in a 10g season with a 4-year starter at QB would be shocking

We lose 4 games and I will be 100% for getting rid of Herman, in fact I will be on a crusade to can his ***. You don't bring back the Talent we have with a 4 year starting QB and lose more than a game and expect to keep your job. If we don't win the conference this year, Herman ain't ever going to win it.

TCU QB Max Duggan questionable for season with heart ailment.
Hate to see this kind of stuff holding a young man back. Wish him all the best.
(For the record, I think our horrid backend play made him look better than he should have looked last year, but kids got moxy and potential....and he did beat us regardless of how --->> just close your eyes and chunk it as far as you can a couple times and let your receiver trash our deep coverage - That...and our putrid offensive showing was enough).
Status of TCU QB Max Duggan uncertain for 2020 season

TCU QB Max Duggan questionable for season with heart ailment.
Hate to see this kind of stuff holding a young man back. Wish him all the best.
(For the record, I think our horrid backend play made him look better than he should have looked last year, but kids got moxy and potential....and he did beat us regardless of how --->> just close your eyes and chunk it as far as you can a couple times and let your receiver trash our deep coverage - That...and our putrid offensive showing was enough).
Status of TCU QB Max Duggan uncertain for 2020 season
Congenital, not COVID related. What if this was caught because of extra screening due to COVID? If we have one athlete death due to COVID, what about the lives saved? Do you think the media will cover that?

Will this ever end? My daughter tells me my 13 year old grandson cries everyday. My 8 year old and she aren''t far behind. Just tell me when?

Last edited:
The big difference is that professional sports can be in a bubble. In college there is no such thing as a bubble. Online classes and strict anti socialization rules will help immensely.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back