Random Season News

Moon, I dont know man...I've been mostly focused on football for a couple weeks now. I dont know what you are reading from others, but as for me, my post was meant to be positive - and just a brief mention of past focus of the team to make a positive point about current focus shouldn't offend the senses of anyone...unless their panties get wadded easily, that is.
I'm with you about enjoying talking football lately. I really think you read too much into my post, but...your prerogative.
Wasn't pointing you out.
Meant it in more general terms.

Another graph for old time’s sake.

EB10A44D-326A-4E08-AF66-DFCAEDE1C292.jpeg

If guys are now tweeting about things like wishing they could play LSU instead of "other" stuff ...after an offseason like this one...then we may really have something good going on this year.
....I can only hope it was something like that.

Texas was literally about 3 plays away from beating LSU last year, we basically are bringing back our entire team and they are almost starting from scratch. You can bet they were looking for a little payback.

Now keep in mind, LSU at the end of this season is going to be a lot better than to start the season. I think we destroy them at the start of the season, by the end their young guys are going to be salty.

Basketball focused but brings to light potential course of ncaa-LSU probe.
So....Lets see we have at least two notable sec programs with some confirmed and even more smoke surrounding recruiting ethics etc. We know these things are cultural in nature most of the time and rarely isolated. I am sure there is waaay more yet to be discovered at LSU, A&M, and other sec schools....and non-sec too to be fair.

LSU Basketball Investigation Could Signal Trouble for Football Program Allegations | Sports Illustrated

Basketball focused but brings to light potential course of ncaa-LSU probe.
So....Lets see we have at least two notable sec programs with some confirmed and even more smoke surrounding recruiting ethics etc. We know these things are cultural in nature most of the time and rarely isolated. I am sure there is waaay more yet to be discovered at LSU, A&M, and other sec schools....and non-sec too to be fair.

LSU Basketball Investigation Could Signal Trouble for Football Program Allegations | Sports Illustrated
An $EC School under investigation for illegal payments in two sports; how shocking!

real investigation

Please define "real investigation". Having dealt with the NCAA face to face, I haven't seen them do a real investigation. If 25+ Texas fans know what A&M or OU or LSU is doing and how they are doing it, why can't the NCAA find out.

It's all cosmetic.

The eye of hurricane Laura will pass over my house. I'm about 15 miles from the coast. I am staying in Shreveport Louisiana for a couple of days.

Let's please not all go political here....football talk has been nice.
I think we all know how we all feel on these issues at this point. But, thought it would be irresponsible to at least not mention the racial events and boycotts of the last 36 hours and the possibility that it might bleed over into CFB and affect season.
...Though it is much easier for dudes with millies in their pockets and who are already anxious to go home or to the strip club or whatever to boycott a season than a young kid trying to make it, so....

Let's please not all go political here....football talk has been nice.
I think we all know how we all feel on these issues at this point. But, thought it would be irresponsible to at least not mention the racial events and boycotts of the last 36 hours and the possibility that it might bleed over into CFB and affect season.
...Though it is much easier for dudes with millies in their pockets and who are already anxious to go home or to the strip club or whatever to boycott a season than a young kid trying to make it, so....

As I understand it, they boycotted the Wednesday night games.
NBA says the games will be made up so it was more of a statement.
And I might say if you don't want to get all political here you could post this and discuss on West Mall as it has yet to affect anything "On the Field".

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back