Random Season News

Guy has bad luck...Since Tom and his S&C coach arrived we have had horrible luck with injuries. Knees, hamstrings, and shoulders !!!!!!!!!
I hardly ever agree with you, but there is an issue either with the Medical Staff or the S&C program. Since Track & Field doesn't have leg issues, there has to be a lack of communication between medical and S&C.

When Madden was S & C coach the complaint was we were soft. Now it's we overtrain. Sometimes I wonder how we ever win a game.

Last edited:
When Madden was S & C coach the complaint was we were soft. Now it's we overtrain. Sometimes I wonder how we ever win a game.
No, its not that we actually overtrain, but train improperly. There is a fine line between pushing limits and dangerous body tissue fatigue both in season and off-season. Bulking without proper flexibility development creates a recipe for injuries. Improper and reckless practice techniques can also lead to injuries. Not saying these things are happening, but something is amiss.

Oh, poor poor SEC coaches. They have been so coddled that their fragile little minds might break at the slightest change of plans or perception that their teams might face additional pebbles in the season's road to (spoon-fed) glory...
Conference added some more conference cupcakes to their premiere school's schedules and its freak out time down south...And I guarantee you jimboaggy was one of the cryingJordans. They added Tennessee and Florida, while programs like Bama and LSU added pieces of cake like Vandy and Mizzou.
Sources: SEC coaches irked by added opponents

I can see why he has been generating buzz. Great route, positioning, body control, and catch (not to mention a near-perfect throw).
Too bad...

Last edited:
Warning: Proud Dad Post

My son broke his leg last season and then suffered a rebreak in December. He was coming off a 30 TD season so he was devastated, as the rest of us, but he managed it courageously. I was so proud of Lil Catholic.

About a month, month and a half or so ago, I told him .........First time you touch the ball, take it to the house. Let them know you're back.

Cool calm smooth Jude simply nodded.........Okay.

Opening Kickoff - 2020 13U Texas Select Football Season:

Warning: Proud Dad Post

My son broke his leg last season and then suffered a rebreak in December. He was coming off a 30 TD season so he was devastated, as the rest of us, but he managed it courageously. I was so proud of Lil Catholic.

About a month, month and a half or so ago, I told him .........First time you touch the ball, take it to the house. Let them know you're back.

Cool calm smooth Jude simply nodded.........Okay.

Opening Kickoff - 2020 13U Texas Select Football Season:

Funny emoji for the dad audio.

Last edited:
Interesting....first I've seen of these...I'm sure there are more.
247s updated top 25 with covid-CXd conferences removed...

No Big Ten, no Pac-12: 247Sports' updated preseason Top 25

Hadn't really thought of it for some reason, but...assuming the season occurs as planned....the top25 rankings each week will be alot less crowded and without some familiar names.

Last edited:
Interesting....first I've seen of these...I'm sure there are more.
247s updated top 25 with covid-CXd conferences removed...

No Big Ten, no Pac-12: 247Sports' updated preseason Top 25

Hadn't really thought of it for some reason, but...assuming the season occurs as planned....the top25 rankings each week will be alot less crowded and without some familiar names.
The voted initial Top 10 will be Clemson (towards the top), ou (towards the bottom) (until after the Texas game), ND (assuming they get into the ACC), and 7 $EC teams (remember one $EC team losing to another $EC team doesn't count as a "real" loss.);)

What would you expect him to say - "We are going to suck worse on offense than last season?"

Statements like the above are to be expected. Respect for the player will come if those statements are backed-up with the performance and score on the field.

Lol ... Buckeye fans can watch high school football but not Big10 football ...

Ohio daily infection rate to be posted as soon as it is updated for today. If you don’t think the decision isn’t related to falling cases, you are insane. I’ve been consistent on this for 6 weeks.

Ohio daily infection rate to be posted as soon as it is updated for today. If you don’t think the decision isn’t related to falling cases, you are insane. I’ve been consistent on this for 6 weeks.
77FCC9CA-C8CA-4D6E-A625-CCD2C05E8C04.jpeg

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back