Random Season News

Thanks, Rain,

I haven't watched a replay since leaving the Rode Bowl that night. I remember thinking who in their right mind would run a zone blitz against VY. I believed that the DE was the spy because Vince had chewed them up running to the right. Was Selvin supposed to go in the flat as a safety valve? If 90 doesn't go inside, was Selvin open over the middle?

I told my family the last time I definitely remember that look on an opponents face was Larry Stegent when Bill told Vince Buckley, "We don't give a ****"

Carrol made some stupid calls because of the talent on the field.
He went for it on 4th down because he knew he couldn't stop VY.
Carrol probably had a bit of arrogance...
But, the play that set the tone and should be on the poster to summarize the game as exhibit 1.b right under VYs victory scramble has gotta be Bush's failed lateral....it epitomized USCs attitude

Carrol probably had a bit of arrogance...
But, the play that set the tone and should be on the poster to summarize the game as exhibit 1.b right under VYs victory scramble has gotta be Bush's failed lateral....it epitomized USCs attitude
Could be, but having Bush on the sideline for 4th and 2 took away any doubt in the Texas players' minds that White was coming up the middle.

Gundy cements himself at Okie Lite forever.
“Anything that you don’t want your coach to say, he did a great job of saying it,” said a Power Five athletic director of Gundy’s remarks. “This is living in a bubble and not understanding the world that we’re in right now.”

Mike Gundy's tone-deaf coronavirus rant shows why he's never leaving OK State

Coronavirus: Mike Gundy wants to get football started to 'run money through the state of Oklahoma’

I find myself browsing through West Mall posts and wondering which person might actually be Gundy.

Gundy cements himself at Okie Lite forever.
“Anything that you don’t want your coach to say, he did a great job of saying it,” said a Power Five athletic director of Gundy’s remarks. “This is living in a bubble and not understanding the world that we’re in right now.”

Mike Gundy's tone-deaf coronavirus rant shows why he's never leaving OK State

Coronavirus: Mike Gundy wants to get football started to 'run money through the state of Oklahoma’
Note OK and TX don’t have the issues of NY/NJ (which has 30x the number of deaths). Maybe the eastern media is the problem, not the coach.

Last edited:
If only I could grow a mullet :brickwall:
Would it be more of a skullet?
Ventura+Skullet.jpg

He and Gundy.... and don't forget LC is no ordinary, run-of-mill Catholic, his signature line says he is a "Romantic Catholic" so, he has that going for him... which is nice.
:beertoast:
That means he speaks a little Latin, you know a Romance language.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back