Random Season News

Scipio Tex ...
... When Malcolm Roach drops a 1.68 10 yard split at the combine at 296 pounds and Texas couldn't find a way to let him take gaps or attack the passer more effectively (meanwhile, Ossai plays his position of the week) for a defense that was blitz heavy but pressure poor, you're not playing the hand very well. ...​
I also always felt like we were using Roach wrong or out of position (except for his freshman year)

I fully admit, I didn't realize how deep our issue was with teaching football skills until late in the season. All the signs were there I just didn't put two and two together. Our guys never got better from year to year. Speaking specifically about position groups. Running backs and Dline were not the issue at all, I saw those guys improve. Oline after we got rid of Wareheim got better immediately under hand. Ehlinger got better each year under Beck, but Beck had other issues (play calling).

Now we have an OC that has learned from some of the best, we have a DC who has been very successful as a DC in other stops, and cut his teeth as a DB coach.

Basically we have guys that can do their jobs and still recruit.

I fully admit, I didn't realize how deep our issue was with teaching football skills until late in the season. All the signs were there I just didn't put two and two together. Our guys never got better from year to year. Speaking specifically about position groups. Running backs and Dline were not the issue at all, I saw those guys improve. Oline after we got rid of Wareheim got better immediately under hand. Ehlinger got better each year under Beck, but Beck had other issues (play calling).

Now we have an OC that has learned from some of the best, we have a DC who has been very successful as a DC in other stops, and cut his teeth as a DB coach.

Basically we have guys that can do their jobs and still recruit.
If you weren't at practice you're scapegoating. That's the truth pure and simple.

A look at players who elected to leave or decommit from the Horns in recent years and how that ended up for them. Charlies guys didn't hurt us much. Jury is still out on the recent transfers and decommits. Rondale Moore was the biggest loss...so far....
A lot of duds on the list. I'm sure a few of these 2020 guys will do well elsewhere, but if they do it will break a general trend.

Recent Texas de-commitments: Where are they now?

The greatest ones didn’t need to cheat

giphy.gif

I love Ossai but Foster needs some more credit on that clip.

Also I love when announcers say that a 4th down play is probably a big moment.

If we were not cash rich thanks primarily to football, we would never have lured Mike White to coach softball here. Consider this as one example of football revenue directly affecting the quality of play in another sport. It is an athletics program for both men and women that CDC is managing, not just a football team. If your perspective is limited solely to the football team, then IDE's perspective is quite valid. If your perspective is more broadly focused, then IDE is completely wrong.

Could be worse. Imagine the program with negative revenues. Then what?
It's not a matter of positive versus negative revenue. Wherever Alabama ranks on the list I'd gladly trade places with them for winning 4 of the last ten national championships.

It just shows you the power and prestige of The University.

When football becomes top notch again (and it will) the $$ gap between Texas and the field will grow and nobody will give a —- about this stretch of poor teams or what Alabama is doing.

Money is extremely important and it’s idiotic not to care about it.

... Honestly I don't care about having brought in more revenue than Minnesota or Virginia.

I suggest you would care if we brought in less. In fact, I am certain of it. How can I be so certain? Because you complain about everything, all the time. It's who you are. It's what you do. You wake up bitching, spend the day bitching, go to sleep bitching and then ***** between snores. I bet that is what you call your dog. Which means that there is a 100% chance that you would be complaining if we brought in less revenue than West Virginia or Minnesota

Here we are Revenue National Champions! (once again!). Woohoo #1! It's raise a new banner time. But you are bitching about that.

It just shows you the power and prestige of The University.

When football becomes top notch again (and it will) the $$ gap between Texas and the field will grow and nobody will give a —- about this stretch of poor teams or what Alabama is doing.

Money is extremely important and it’s idiotic not to care about it.

We get more eyeballs than anyone else. It's what got us the ESPN channel

I suggest you would care if we brought in less. In fact, I am certain of it. How can I be so certain? Because you complain about everything, all the time. It's who you are. It's what you do. You wake up bitching, spend the day bitching, go to sleep bitching and then ***** between snores. I bet that is what you call your dog. Which means that there is a 100% chance that you would be complaining if we brought in less revenue than West Virginia or Minnesota

Here we are Revenue National Champions! (once again!). Woohoo #1! It's raise a new banner time. But you are bitching about that.
If you want to prioritize revenue above winning be my guest. What you know about me wouldn't fill half a thimble.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back